RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the Rotora Big Brake Kit. I am looking to buy this kit: the front setup consists of 8 Piston Chrome Calipers with 2 piece cross drilled rotors with black anodized hats. The Rear setup consists of 4 piston Chrome calipers, pads, brake lines, and 15" 2 piece cross drilled rotors with black anodized hats. The kit sounds like a good one. Just wanted some more opinions other than my own.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
If you must get ginormous brakes, my opinion is that you might as well splurge for the genuine article, Brembo GT, for bragging rights you know... Rotora may make a very nice brake system too, perhaps every bit as good as the Brembo, but it would seem more appropriate for riced up Hondas and Acuras than for a Range Rover Sport. In the long run, it could get tough answering the dreaded "Why didn't you just get the Brembos?" question to friends and acquaintances without sounding cheap. :lol:

Seriously though, I imagine a brake upgrade like that also requires a bump up to spacious 22" rims?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HAHA all os these are concerns I have had as well. The only reason I'm considering them is because they are a really good deal right now. They are almost 80% off of retail so it's kind of hard to rationalize the price of a full set of Brembos for the price of these. I was thinking with the chrome was not that great looking either. But I'm sure there is something that can be done with it. And I am currently looking for either some 22s or 24s.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Do you have a link for these new brakes? I dunno about you HSE guys, but the factory SC brakes are really good stoppers. Not sure that 'upgrading' is actually an upgrade, ya know?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts