RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious..

Do you rotate the tires of your P38? As in, put the fronts on the back and vice versa?

Every couple of months I check the treat depth of my tires, and they wear surprisingly even.

Where I live there are no straight roads, I don't drive slow and I have mud tires on her, I would have expected that the front tires wear a lot quicker then the rears..

·
Registered
484 Posts
rotating tyres will give you maximum tyre wear (kms that is )maintaining tyre pressure is more important . recommend once or twice in the life of tyres or if you get a wheel alignment. that's my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Every oil change. Fronts I switch sides and move back. Rears I keep on same side and move forward.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
On a Series LR rotation is std, includes the spare, and lefts go right, fwd to back etc. I think the P38 hand book actually says you shdnt rotate, but probably because if there are alignment issues then you shd deal with them, rather than mask them by rotating

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The P38 is the only car I actually monitor the tire wear, because it doesn't has centre diff.
With my other cars I don't care, I rather buy 2 tires instead of 4.
I also monitor the tire pressure a lot more with the P38 as with my other cars.

The idea behind is, I'm a bit affraid that in the long run the viscous coupling might need replacing when it's made to work "hard".

I don't drive her slow, and with mud tires and the windy roads here I would expect that my front tires would wear a lot quicker then my rear tires, but there's not even 0.5mm difference between front and rear in about 20.000km.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thought I'd chime in with a city dwellers point of view. Navigating many tight parking spaces over time will lead to the wear of the outermost tread on the fronts. Most especially cupping of the inner profile.

I follow the same rotation pattern as texasrange but include the spare.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I drive a fair amount of miles but I see no difference in the wear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts