RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone took the rotaty coupling to bits??

Reason being, I recently had a flat battery & got the dreadded 'Airbag fault' come up on the dash, Hooked up the Rovacom & it wouldn't clear it, then it told me that the drivers airbag is open circuit, so I suspect the rotary coupling is suspect, SO, whats involved in stripping it out, anyone done this? & what protocols to I need to follow?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive my ignorance, but whats a seat connection got to do with the drivers airbag?? Plus the fact that theres only seat-heater wires under there anyway! (No pretensioners on my model)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, if you had seat airbags (which now I know you don't) then its got a lot to do, since they usually get loose, or corroded, and trigger the SRS fault.

BTW, nice attitude dude :roll:

N.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re-read my reply, does look a bit stroppy don't it? Sorry, no attitude intended. Thanks for your help.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
1st remove the plastic around the steering wheel be-careful not to brake the pins that hold the plastic together, 2nd remove the air bag 4 screws that feed in from the back of the steering wheel. 3rd remove the steering wheel,(no puller necessary) 4th you can now see the Rotary be very careful removing it the harness connectors feed in from the back. This is no big deal pretty straight forward..

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're sure its the rotary coupler? Are the cruise control and radio buttons on the steering wheel working? If yes, its unlikely that only the airbag wire is bad. Try the connection under the dashboard first. Remove the panel under the steering wheel and open/clean the connection of the yellow harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts