RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get the roof rails for the 3 times I would need during the year. Since I like the way the car looks without it, I would like to have the ability to take them off when not in use. The service guy at the dealer said they would need to stay on once installed. Installation itself did not look easy so I guess I would get wacked to get it done.

Anyone have them put on and know if they can be taken off easily? Anyone know of other options?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm not sure about the RRS, but I have the sport bars for my full-sized HSE that are easily removed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm also looking for this ski season... I would need to take at least four pairs and I believe someone mentioned the factory one only holds two sets of skis! :x

Since I like the way the car looks without it, I would like to have the ability to take them off when not in use.
Absolutely the way to go!

anyone?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have roof rails

I have the roof rails and cross bars. The cross bars easily remove, and they provide protective sleeves for them for storage. The rails are not really noticeable on the truck with the cross bars removed, even though they do stick up about 3/4 inch along the roof. Unless you see my truck side by side with one without the roof rails, I am certain you would not notice them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bgreig,

Are the rails easily installed or do they need to be installed by the dealer? Also, how are the rails attached?

Thanks for the info.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
381 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim,

I can't thank you enough. By the way, I was able to get the instructions for free. Looks like the drilling is only needed for the rubber covers so I'll be able to handle on my own.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts