RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for a set of the roof rails (long ones) for my '11 RRS. I have the cross rails already that I picked up here locally from a guy on craigslist. Can someone tell me if the LR3 oem rails will fit my RRS? Are they the same part # by any chance? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,188 Posts
I believe it's VUB502130. I bought mine from http://www.bputah.com/RRS/Range_Rover_Sport_Roof_Rails_Cross_Bars_VUB502130.html. They only come as a set (rails + cross bars) for the RRS. The only way to get them separately is private party like you got the rails. I know for certain the LR3 cross bars aren't compatible as the RRS roof is wider. I almost sold my cross bars to an LR3 owner. I don't see why the LR3 OEM rails wouldn't fit your RRS. You may have to drill new mounting holes to line up with the RRS and it might be shorter in length than the RRS one. The LR3 OEM rails will be a different part number since you can get the rails separate from the cross bars for the LR3. I'd see if a dealer in your area has the LR3 rails in stock and would let you line them up on your RRS to see if it'll work. I'd also make sure the cross bars you have will fit the rails.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you are correct...the LR3 rails are not compatible..however the LR4 rails are the same. :) now if only i could find a set of those private party. I'm finding the cross bars everywhere, but no one is selling the long rails. Patience grasshopper... :pray:

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
I could've sworn that RRS and LR3/LR4 have the same crossbars. I thought I've swapped them before.

Also, LR3 mounting rails are the same as LR4. That's incorrect information. They make a short version, which is the version used on the LR3, and is on some LR4's, in addition to the long version that goes over the full roof of the car. They are interchangeable. Most LR4's have the long version, but mounting points and dimensions are the same from model to model.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
May I suggest a quick preventive action to save the front rail caps from the car wash monster...
ImageUploadedByAG Free1462162127.917162.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1462162144.594800.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1462162159.465768.jpg

'06 RRS LUX
'06 pilot EXL
'91 4runner

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car wash monster just ate my front cap. When I called the dealer, they said I have to buy the whole unit for 865.00. :(
Is there somewhere where you can buy just the end cap?

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Funny you resurrected this post. I just went outside the other day and noticed the top of my front endcap was missing. I was very fortunate the car wash manager walked through the wash bay and found it. My wonderful idea posted above did not take into account the top may separate. I now have a second flush mount screw holding the top of the cap on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts