RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m trying to figure out exactly how roof rails are mounted to the mount points. I’m loving my new to me toy and want to throw a basket on the top without completely breaking the bank. Any advice to shine some light on what I need would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Covered numerous times with photos, recommendations etc.

BTW: please add your location to your profile and your Rover info to your signature

·
Registered
323 Posts
Isn’t go with the OEM factory rack from a salvage yard for like $50. Then you can add the Thule Canyon XL basket from Craigslist for about $300 depending on your market. Out west here they are plentiful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Dallas which has a huge craigslist population but theres no factory racks for sale within a 200 mile range. Not sure where to look other than that

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
There is more to life than craigslist. Have you tried eBay or local buy and sell groups or even Amazon?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have looked into this myself several times. I could only find one place that sold racks for P38s. That place is Voyager Offroad in Florida. They have 3 racks available, 2 normal sized and 1 offroader. They are rather expensive (Cheapest being $900+), but I think they are great. I ordered one that is supposed to be here any day now. I would highly recommend them. The other options (like Thule or Yakima) would leave you with an rack sitting atop the factory crossbars (which already stickup rather far). This would make bad wind noise and take from your MPG. Best of luck!

Best Regards,
Pulaski

1 - 8 of 8 Posts