RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don’t need/want the cross bars, they’re on there as well.
Hi DaveCap, thanks for sharing the link. Did you mount the rails yet? Did the kit come with instructions? How do they look? Do you have a pic? I’m looking at ordering these as well, much cheaper then OEM.
Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
343 Posts
So I got the drivers side in. No issues. I followed this YouTube video. This kit did not come with the cardboard pieces to mark the holes. Instead I lined up the weather strip and marked the spots to drill with a marker. One was a bit off, so like in the video, I used a file to elongate it a bit. I did a pilot hole and then used a 7/8 spades bit..tape off the strip so as not to scratch it up. Trill dead center.
Also, use the included plastic alignment blocks when screwing the mount to the roof. It keeps it centered well.
Car is out getting the windows tinted. When I pick it up later, I’ll complete the other side and post pictures of the final product

·
Registered
343 Posts
Of course it started pouring on me as I finished the other side up and installed the cross bars. I may revert back to my Yakima crossbars, but for now I wanted to see the fit and finish of the entire kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Of course it started pouring on me as I finished the other side up and installed the cross bars. I may revert back to my Yakima crossbars, but for now I wanted to see the fit and finish of the entire kit.

View attachment 283519 View attachment 283520 View attachment 283521 View attachment 283522
Great job! How long did it take you? I'm looking to do the same thing. I have an iKamper Skycamp 2.0 that I used last year on my LR4, but would like to see if I can mount it to my L405. The look is great and makes the vehicle more functional IMO. Thanks for sharing the details and pics!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Great job! How long did it take you? I'm looking to do the same thing. I have an iKamper Skycamp 2.0 that I used last year on my LR4, but would like to see if I can mount it to my L405. The look is great and makes the vehicle more functional IMO. Thanks for sharing the details and pics!
I guess the total time was about 2 hours with everything. I watched the video first which definately saaved me time trying to figure out small things that would have left me scratching my head for a bit. Such as removing existing plastic clips and the corresponding metal spring clips. Also, lining up the correct anchor pieces.
One other thing to mention. As another member posted, If you're going to use another crossbar, like my Yakima bars with the older "Rail grabber" mounts, check for height. Mine were not high enough for the sunroof to clear it. So I'll be using these stock bars instead.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
5 7/8” holes were drilled on each side into the trim strip. Watch the YouTube video I posted and see the pictures I posted. It will explain everything. When purchased from the dealer, they sell you new strips with the holes pre-punched. A total waste unless you plan on removing the rack and reverting back. Or you could cover with small pieces of the vinyl they do wraps with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone know the load rating/weight limit. Roof camping possible?
I searched online and the manual and found the following (links included)
1. 75kg=165lbs
2. 100kg = 220lb max roof load
3 100kg=220lb maximum roof crossbar load. 2016 RR owners handbook page 317

·
Registered
13 Posts
5 7/8” holes were drilled on each side into the trim strip. Watch the YouTube video I posted and see the pictures I posted. It will explain everything. When purchased from the dealer, they sell you new strips with the holes pre-punched. A total waste unless you plan on removing the rack and reverting back. Or you could cover with small pieces of the vinyl they do wraps with.
Thanks for all the info!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts