Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time owner of a 2015.5 RRS SC. Needing a roof rack. Anyone using the Range Rover rack? Was hoping to find a Thule or Yakima rack system but they don't have anything listed for the new RRS. Contacted Thule and they said they weren't planning anything because of the panoramic roof. Hoping there are other options. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the OEM one. It works fine, looks exactly like a Thule one, it is probably made by them. Thule does offer a rack for the new RRS, it became available on their Swedish website just after I had bought the OEM one in January.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
92 Posts
Just a tidbit of info.. I contacted Thule to see if their Snowcat 6 ski rack would fit on a sport with factory rails. Their tech service responded and said it would mount the rails so I ordered one online. They were very wrong. No chance in hell without some signification modification to the clamping system. So now I've got a ski rack that I can't use so I guess t goes on my wife's Highlander. Should have just ponied up or the factory crossbars in first place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the info. Ordered the Thule rack from Europe. Plan to put them on the RRS tonight. Hopefully will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the Thule 962B black wing bars + 753 footpack + 4039 fit kit. Easy to install. Looks like was made for the RRS. Very little wind noise. Clears the pano roof when open but will need to be careful with attached accessories on the underside of the bars. Here are a few pics.

Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Automotive wheel system
Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Roof rack Automotive carrying rack

Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Roof rack Automotive carrying rack
Automotive exterior Windshield Vehicle Car Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Suzuki swift Minivan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, had to have the factory rails installed. They look good, very subtle by themselves without the Thule rack.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sweet setup, thanks for figuring this out, I was starting to lose hope in a non-factory rack setup. Based on your post, I just ordered the same for my incoming 2016 RRS ATB.

Quick question: how are the Wing Bars with respect to wind noise?

-ce

Installed the Thule 962B black wing bars + 753 footpack + 4039 fit kit. Easy to install. Looks like was made for the RRS. Very little wind noise. Clears the pano roof when open but will need to be careful with attached accessories on the underside of the bars. Here are a few pics.

View attachment 159273
View attachment 159265

View attachment 159257
View attachment 159249
View attachment 159281

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is some wind noise but certainly not overbearing. Just a light whistle and of course depends on speed. Drove my FJ Cruiser the other day and that's some wind noise. I haven't played with moving the spacing of the bars or the position yet. Moving them around may help but I haven't had tome to experiment with it. I just placed them in the same place as the factory bars would have attached. They are so easy to take on/off that I usually just put them on when needed. In my opinion the factory rails by themselves look good. Hope the set up works for you.

Sweet setup, thanks for figuring this out, I was starting to lose hope in a non-factory rack setup. Based on your post, I just ordered the same for my incoming 2016 RRS ATB.

Quick question: how are the Wing Bars with respect to wind noise?

-ce

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I just bought a Thule Sonic XL 635B for my 2015 RR.

Cargo box dimensions: 90" long x 34.5" wide x 16" high

Features I liked for this cargo box:

• Patented AeroNose Design reduces drag and noise making it the most aerodynamic box available.
  • Patented Rear-Angled Base and expanded vehicle mounting points help maximize trunk and hatch clearance.
  • AcuTight Mounting “clicks” when you reach optimal hold to ensure your box is secured to the rack.
  • Dual-Side opening for easier loading and unloading from either side of the vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire Car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts