RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the little flip up doors on the roof (2010 RR S/C) can be removed without breaking them. I want to put some Yakima Landing pads on the roof, but don't want to break the doors as I will be replacing my RR with another one in Sept.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
not sure on the new RR - but the thule foot stands made for my mercedes the fit around the open door that opens to reveal the nut. So there is no need to take the door off...

D

·
0 Posts
Ditch the thule rack and get the Rhino Rack. With this rack you don't need to remove the little flip covers.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rhino rack stuff looks pretty nice, especially how they have different height legs to make the bars even. It still looks like the little doors have to come off though... I need a rack system that goes on/off quickly, as I can't get into my garage with it on and I don't need it very often. This is just for trips to the lumber mill/Lowes/HD etc. when I don't want to take my trailer. I already have a bunch of Yakima stuff, and i'd hate to see it go to waste.

Back to my original question. Can I get the little doors off? The OEM LR rack with tracks and crossbars clearly shows cutting off the doors, but I thought I remembered someone saying they could be temporarily removed.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to Rhino Rack and their racks will go on without having to break the little doors off. They Seem to be well engineered and well thought out... I will be getting one of their rack systems.

Thanks for the tip...

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great! I haven't decided on HD bars or Aero bars yet. Leaning towards Aero for potentially less noise. I'll just order them from you guys. Do you stock any of the ladder rack uprights and the locking eyelets? I find them very handy for strapping down lumber.

D

·
0 Posts
PARR06 said:
That's great! I haven't decided on HD bars or Aero bars yet. Leaning towards Aero for potentially less noise. I'll just order them from you guys. Do you stock any of the ladder rack uprights and the locking eyelets? I find them very handy for strapping down lumber.
We got it all, just not listed yet on the site.

·
Registered
155 Posts
darrinturner said:
PARR06 said:
We got it all, just not listed yet on the site.

I have scoured the interweb and cannot seem to find a photo of this rack ON an L322 anywhere! Can someone please post a photo, and better yet and review of how they like the rack?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I have a yakima rack with landing pads on mine... I didn't have to remove the little covers, they fit underneath the landing pads just fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
linuxfreakus said:
I have a yakima rack with landing pads on mine... I didn't have to remove the little covers, they fit underneath the landing pads just fine.

Can you please post a photo when you get a chance?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up getting an OEM RR Expedition rack, but the Yakima landing pad # 11 will go on the RR without having to take the little doors off. They are kind of tall, about 4". With the control towers and bars, you are looking at about 6" above the roof. Other than the silver finish, I would definately consider the Rhino Rack system. It comes with THREE sets of towers that are of different heights, to keep the bars level. I think it's a very well thought out system, but I really think they need to make these racks in black. Anyway, here is a pic of the Yakima towers on an RR...

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/Y322.cfm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts