RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint on my left hand rocker cover has chipped off and i want to get the cover respreayed, I need to know what socket to use to remove the 4 bolts securing the rocker cover and if I can re use the gasket .

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think they will know what im talking about here in africa when I walk into a hardware store and ask for that :shock:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,426 Posts
I repainted my rocker covers with VHT Wrinkle Paint from the auto parts store.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Managed to get one but they couldnt give it to me in 1/4" so I got it but it doesnt fit onto the bolts will have to wait a while untill I see one

·
Registered
213 Posts
p38arover said:
I repainted my rocker covers with VHT Wrinkle Paint from the auto parts store.
Can you use this to spray paint straight onto the rocker covers or do you need to use a primer?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,426 Posts
The paint includes a primer built-in.

See http://www.vhtpaint.com/wrinkleplus.html

See also from their site http://www.speco.com.au/vht_guide.html:
We are frequently asked if VHT Engine Enamels can be painted over a primer or other old paint on the engine. No primer will take the high temperatures required on an engine block. Therefore, primers are not recommended. If the old paint is intact, lightly sand to a dull finish before applying VHT Engine Enamel over it. The topcoat is only as good as the base coat or condition of the metal. If the substrate gives way, the topcoat will follow.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Check to see if they have 1/4 inch drive in a 5/16" 12point socket. None of the tool places in my area carried metric, but had the SAE available.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
once loosened with an 8mm wrench, the bolt will shift a bit and the 3/8 drive will work, but it'll scratch the cover up. taking off isn't an issue for you, putting it back may be an issue with scratching..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts