Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
85 Posts
I've narrowed down my rock slider choices to either the RTE Fab or Rovers North models. Rovers North is a good deal cheaper but I don't want to risk getting something that will not protect the truck just to save a few hundred bucks, either. Does anyone have any experience with either one and pics installed?

Also, RTE offers an option to add nerfs, are they that beneficial?
1994 Short Wheelbase.
Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's a good idea to mention what rover you are talking about. I too am interested in rock sliders for a 95 lwb. I hear they are hensteeth. I know there are custom made ones and maybe some of the other makes shops have the data to make one up for your vehicle.
geneo

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run the RTE ones on my 90 SWB. They are excellent. No nerf bars. I wouldn't mind having them on there to provide a step. I have a 3 inch lift.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
The RN RRC sliders have jack points for a high lift, which is a nice feature. They also use outriggers tied to the frame in addition to the sill mounts. Priced much lower than the RTE sliders is a nice plus as well.

However, the real question you need to ask yourself is, how do you really use your truck? If your truck is just for light off-roading/overlanding, then the RN sliders should be fine. If you're more of a rock crawler, you may want to go with the RTEs.

I have the RN sliders w/ jack points and have no complaints, but then again, I'm not a rock crawler. I do like the way they follow the lines of the factory sills.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm, not sure why the signature didn't show up. 94 SWB.

Pl, it's mostly a family trail rig. No hardcore rock crawling, but I'm in California so I'll be encountering reasonable size rocks on many trails. I lean towards the RN ones.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Hm, not sure why the signature didn't show up. 94 SWB.

Pl, it's mostly a family trail rig. No hardcore rock crawling, but I'm in California so I'll be encountering reasonable size rocks on many trails. I lean towards the RN ones.
E36 - you should be fine with the RN sliders. Like I said before, jack points are great!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
458 Posts
RN ones are probably fine. I have the RTE ones on my LWB and they've saved the sills countless times. I think it's worth spending a bit more on the RTE's for the extra protection, and they're great because they look like fairly stock skills.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,253 Posts
I added your specs to your initial posting.

Martin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts