Range Rovers Forum banner

Road force balance off??. Strange issue

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bamablue 
#1 ·
So bought 4 new continental tires few months ago.. Got it from Amazon and got it installed at a tire shop. Right after took it to Landrover dealership to balance and alignment.. Looked fine. Not sure if I drove above 70MPH after that.. In between got new brakes/rotors installed at a non-dealer... Maybe drove not more than 500miles since.

2 weeks ago, on highway, I felt vitiation in steering....Very low consistent vibration above 70 miles. I thought the brake guy must have messed up..May be vibration due to non aligned rotors or something.............No vibration when I brake though..

So took it to the dealer to check it assuming he will fix the brakes or worse case tell me why I put non-OEM brakes.. The dealer is saying the RoadForce is messed up on all tires.. its should be below 15 and I have 19,24,44,45... He tells me I have to change my tires and they are defective... ( He didn't have any issues when he did the Roadforce balance and alignment with brand new tires in march). I asked him to check the brakes but he insists the RF has nothing to do with rotors..

Continental tire is offering me replacement.. But any idea all these tires could be defective??. These are manufactures in Sep 2018... Not old tires either..

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks RABarret.. i wonder how all 4 tires were defective... RF range should be blow 15LBS and mine had upto 48LBS..
I got these new tires from Amazon ( amazon as seller) for what I believe was a great price.. $380 regular price vs $216... I wonder if Amazon sells defective tires like this for discount...

Anyway, amazon is working it out.. To refund the tire price plus alignment/balance charge that I got from dealer which was around $570..

#4 ·
Road force issues are typically the result of careless or defective molding. If defective, it may involve all four, at differing rates. Careless molding processes can lead to same issue. It would be rare for such issues to be on just one or two, unless they were produced at different plants. Typically, if the tires were made at the same plant, it issue will appear on most or all units. Ray

#5 ·
Not unusual for tires to fail road force. 3 of the 4 on my new company Yukon had to be replaced. I do not recommend mail order tires. It’s hard to get them replaced when things go wrong. Just bite the bullet and pay the extra, plus you get road hazard from the dealer. I had the dealer replace my Michelin’s a couple of months ago. One month later got a screw in the sidewalk. Got a loaner vehicle and they replaced the $300 dollar tire for no cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.