RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked or is considered an annoying question by the veterans here. With the back seats folded down, is it easy to fit an average road bike back there? I'm assuming with the front tire off it would fit. Does anyone put one bike back there on a regular basis? and do you also have to remove the seatpost? I had the trailer hitch and a nice Thule rack with my 2010 but my SVR has no trailer hitch option so have to improvise. I don't want to get roof rails and a rack just for one bike.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
238 Posts
I've fit 2 adult road bikes in the back, seats down and front wheels taken off with a blanket in between to avoid scratches. Seat post stays on.

2015.5 HSE SCV6, VelocityAP

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
9 Posts
I regularly fit my bike in the back without removing any wheels or moving the saddle. Just lower the driver side rear back rest and slide the bike in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Booyah and calamo -- appreciated. I'm "bikeless" at the moment and about to go pick up a new one and wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 54cm Trek fits in fine. Rear seats down, back wheel in first. Front wheel can be straight (does not need to be turned).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Hi, I put my race-bike (large size) without any problem in my Range Sport P400 (hybrid) MY2019. Even without removing the front wheel. Ofcourse with folded back seats. And that's a small problem! To fold the back seats, I have to remove the "headrest" from the back seats. Or I have to move first the front seats forward. Maybe this is only by the hybrid model due to the battery-pack in the trunk. On my RRS MY16, it was no problem to quickly fold the back seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I put my race-bike (large size) without any problem in my Range Sport P400 (hybrid) MY2019. Even without removing the front wheel. Ofcourse with folded back seats. And that's a small problem! To fold the back seats, I have to remove the "headrest" from the back seats. Or I have to move first the front seats forward. Maybe this is only by the hybrid model due to the battery-pack in the trunk. On my RRS MY16, it was no problem to quickly fold the back seat.
My 14 RRS SC v8 has the same problem. It's probably dependent on driver / passenger size and how far back you have the seats. They will go forward an incredible amount imo just a few inches from touching the glove box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts