RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the open book symbol on my hevac screen since I got my beastie six months ago and yesterday I took it to a local RR independent mechanc to find out why. He hooked up his Autologic and ended up telling me that I have a problem with the left blower motor - he also wrote out a full page of things to check (eg check continuity between C203 pin4 and ground etc etc).

I came home and checked the forum under ´blower´ and kept getting told about RL7. You can just see this coming - so I pulled out RL7 and, lo and behold, a slightly cracked and blistered fusebox and relay. Now to be honest I don´t really feel like opening up the fusebox to repair the board (not at this stage) so I swapped the offender with another yellow relay (to find where the problem lies) and the hevac cleared itself.
Here is what I found:

file:///home/rowan/Pictures/Range Rover/Fusebox cracks.JPG

I am also under the impression that the heater should blast quite hard at first to get the interior warm and then slow down to maintain the desired temperature. Is this correct? Mine has always been rather luke warm on auto but, if I set it to just blow through the dash vents, then it is pleasantly hot. Maybe the blower motor will be the cure or I might have to look at a temperature sensor.

Anyway I plan to replace the fusebox at some stage with a new one but that means disconnecting the battery and that will kill the radio - is the radio code hidden anywhere on the radio casing etc? I have read that I must go to an official dealer, give them money and the vin number (in that order), and they will supply me with the radio code. Is that correct?

Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok shall we have another go with the photo . . .[attachment=0:11ve2iem]Fusebox cracks.JPG[/attachment:11ve2iem]

Attachments

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Yeah if you have your registration with you it should not be an issue. My code was written in the owners book..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just got back from taking the old girl for a short spin and, wow, the heater now works properly. I also gave the air-con a quick try and that appears to be back on track as well - a little to check properly when the outside temperature is only 8 degrees.
All for the sake of one relay.

Just one thing that I don´t need to add to the list of things to do but I will monitor it and I will be replacing the fusebox at some stage.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,424 Posts
A dealer shouldn't charge to give you the radio code. If you were in Oz, we could get it for you....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts