RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago I ripped off the lower bumper cover (tow hook cover) on my 2014 SC. Lost it. Left it somewhere. Never found it.

Now, I did it again to my new car! UGH! Luckily this time I remembered hearing a pop while I was raising the car from access height (thinking it was strange that the car was scraping the curve while going up) when I was out at dinner the night before. I went back to the shopping center where I was and found the cover in the trash!

I like Access Height and I'm always careful not to pull up too close to dormers. But I was wondering if any of you guys have removed the little pieces that stick out from the bottom of the cover. That's what seems to always be getting caught.

Jose

Attachments

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
63 Posts
With the (lack of) rigidity for that part whatsoever, I really have a hard time believing that it could get snagged on something in such a way that'd cause a properly-fastened tow-eye cover to come off. I say this as a person who's replaced his once, and who's also got one end currently dangling (hope to remedy soon!).

·
Registered
45 Posts
My wife just did this last week. She parked to close to a parking stop curb (those thin concrete ones) so the bottom edge was just in front of it. She got out and it lowered to access height, the edge shown with the circle above was just low enough to get caught when she backed out since the car doesn't raise back up till driving. Thank god she heard it and stopped after hearing the noise. It did pull it off but at least she put it in the truck for me to put back on that night....:) We are now both more careful of pulling to close and lowering over something.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had my cover literally fall off after parking my SVR and leaving later not knowing when I lowered the vehicle it was resting on the curb. I guess it was lucky all four plastic bolts broke and so there was no damage to my cover. My dealer was very accommodating and reinstalled the cover with replacement plastic bolts and did not charge me for the bolts or labour. The service rep admitted this happens all the time on Range Rover Sport models. Now I lower the vehicle height before getting anywhere near curbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We just joined the missing tow cover club. Do a walk around when getting your SUV back from the valet. Of course they deny it was their fault. Does anyone have the part number for a silver cover for 2016 RR Sport HSE. ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We just joined the missing tow cover club. Do a walk around when getting your SUV back from the valet. Of course they deny it was their fault. Does anyone have the part number for a silver cover for 2016 RR Sport HSE. ?
Do a search on eBay for L494 range rover sport tow cover. Lots of them in there!

Jose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts