RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy some range rover rims (off a 98).... will these rims share the same bolt pattern/ offset as our range rover sports?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
One thing is for sure, they won't bolt directly up. You may need adapters, spacers, nuts, etc. What is the purpose for these? Much easier to get something that bolts directly up.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
and they would look "dated"...not suitable for a 2006 and beyond RRS...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry these are for aftermarket 22" rims...

i am wondering if they use similar backspacing... bolt pattern.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Umm chem, please re-read 3E's post.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Unless you can test fit before you buy, I wouldn't chance it. The bolt pattern (5x120) is the same on P38 and RRS, but everything else is likely to be different, offset, wheel hub dimensions, brake calipers and clearances... Plus, these being aftermarket rims, they may have been adapted to that P38 with centering rings already, who knows. If you already won that auction, I guess you'll find out real soon. :lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
PJPR01 said:
and they would look "dated"...not suitable for a 2006 and beyond RRS...
I thought you liked the "dated" look... :D

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30816&hilit=defender
good one!! :D :D

I do indeed...but 1998 wheels on a 2006 sport is like wearing shorts halfway up your chest with black socks...a fashion no no.

At any rate, those chrome rims don't really seem to match a nice RRS either, there are much more elegant choices - check out Peter's selection.

So goose...when are you going to put on a set of 18's and join us in the Colorado mountains...time to escape that east coast heat wave.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
PJPR01 said:
So goose...when are you going to put on a set of 18's and join us in the Colorado mountains...time to escape that east coast heat wave.
Yeah, I want to hear these all these wisecracks in person! :lol:

P, you ready for the Rally? I can't wait!!!!!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
I'm ready EEE! Just doing a few more color coding items, and waiting on the feet for my roof rack to install that next week.

9 more days till departure to Colorado - we're going to enjoy Telluride for a few days before our Great Divide IV trip with other friends from here and a few more from our local Houston club, then we'll descend en masse to Leadville for the national rally.

When do you arrive to Leadville? I'm sure it won't be hard to find us once we get there...

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Nice, sounds like a big trip! We get there Tuesday night. I'm going to take Dave's Driver's Training course again, then I don't know what trails... Do you know Dave? He's such a great guy and really the reason we're taking it again.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts