RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, I am looking for some wheels to buy for my black Range Rover Sport.

I want black but can't decide if I want matt black, gloss black, forgot what the other black was called etc.

I am leaning on Stormers but don't know which color black to go with and the difference or different types of styles or what not.
However, I am open to other rims as well with a limit of $2,500 for the rims so if anyone has any pictures or suggestions please let me know! thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dude there are pics all over this forum or wheels.
There are pics all over the net of black.

I would search for wheels or rims or tires or something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kstatenupe said:
Dude there are pics all over this forum or wheels.
There are pics all over the net of black.

I would search for wheels or rims or tires or something.
I did but its all random **** on random colors and spam pics half not working etc. especially in that price range.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
146 Posts
Wow! What is the deal with the constant fuss about changing the wheels on this vehicle. Seems every other thread has something to do with wheels. I think the stock wheels on my 07 RRS Super are awesome(when not loaded with brake dust!).

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
roveurboat said:
Wow! What is the deal with the constant fuss about changing the wheels on this vehicle. Seems every other thread has something to do with wheels. I think the stock wheels on my 07 RRS Super are awesome(when not loaded with brake dust!).
I agree.. search function is key before asking the same question. I've been bad at that as well.

In regards to switching wheels.. thats what we do as enthusiasts. Its just part of the game. Some like having their rover look like everyone elses.., others like to differentiate. Trust me.. a set of wheels can REALLY change the look of any car. I don't think I'll ever keep a car stock.. its not in my nature. Im 31 now.. I mod as much as I did when I was 16. We all go through stages. It was stereos when I was 16. BASS.. the deaper the better. Squeeze a set of 15" subs in the trunk.., throw a 1000 watts at those suckers. Today.., I could care less about bass.

Changing wheels is the easiest way of making the car yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is a picture of mine I went with 22 inch lexani wheels black machine face with a black lip.

Not the best picture but you get the idea

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
146 Posts
I understand. I guess at 46 it's not a biggie for me anymore to change up the stock stuff anymore. However, I am into performance and am always listening to ways to manipulate it. My favorite project was an switch I installed on my 99RR which allowed me to keep the height of the vehicle where ever I wanted it(even extended height) whenever I wanted to at any speed. Might try it on my 07RRS if I find time one day.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
i don't do it, but i get it. well actually, i did swap out my rims :oops: but it's all about personalization. i'm in the camp of not wanting my RRS to look like everyone else's. it's kinda like painting walls in a new house or replacing the carpets or draps. it's really the quickest and most noticeable way to stamp MINE on it.

have you checked out the Showoff your Range! thread? lots of pics in there
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16544

not sure if the UK forum will be of any help, but it's worth a try
http://rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php

there's the usual suspects for LR wheels: overfinch, redbourne, kahn, etc.

forum member [email protected] seems like a good person to contact for options as well.

umberto - perhaps we can update the FAQ with more info on wheel options?

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Guys, give him a break. No one has asked these questions before and we all know the search feature is extremely challenging to navigate.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ET, One of my buddies / forum member has a set of black overfinch supersports for sale! He is letting them go for a fraction of what they cost new and they look BRAND NEW! He is in Pasadena you should check them out!

·
Registered
260 Posts
PM Sent...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How are the D10 rims? I believe by Deluxe..if im not mistakening.

good wheels? personally I am coming from the sports racing scene so I know brands like Volk Enkei and such but don't know much about 80% of these other brands that relate to 20's, 22's etc.

btw, where do you guys go to sell the rims? I am assuming the market will be extremely thin for 22's if I decide to sell in 2 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought some factory 20s off a full size RR and powder coated them flat black, pretty happy with the look. But to each their own, just an example for others to check out.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts