RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been wanting to get rims for a year now and i finally found the ones i want. My problem is ive always wanted 24" but the ones i found only come in 22". are 22" not as nice? should i just wait longer? I NEEDDDD HELPPP!!!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
SS.

Depending on your model of RRS, my rule of thumb is to 'plus size' no more than 2 inches in greater diameter than standard !

Remember this is a Land Rover, not some other Euro-trash gangster car spinning rims counter clockwise unless you're a C.U.B. ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought 24's , decided that they looked ridiculous and went for 22's. It just depends on the look you are going for , I thought the 24's said "I NEED ATTENTION" , while the 22's looked more classy and sporty. If you want to look like your dad bought it for you or a drug dealer get chrome 24's. Theres a few sets of 24's that look good but its tough to pull off in the RRS.

Also if you call the company they might build a 24 for you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just keep the factory sized wheels on your Range.

Oversized wheels are for the 1993 full size with 130,000 miles on it
(which will be parked in the ghetto);

or Dodge Rams--which you will frequently see lifted and parked at
dirt race tracks (or NASCAR events).

·
Registered
56 Posts
i think go for whatever you like and the size of wheel that you will be satisfied with...if you want 24s and you think you may not exactly like the 22s as much as a set of 24s then go for 24s its all in your decision and what you'll be happy with overall rather than what everyone else thinks...i would rather go against what people said(as long as it was safe) and get what i wanted rather then getting the alternative and regretting it

·
Registered
270 Posts
Get what you want, just make sure they are rated for our trucks weight. I have the 22" Redbourne Dukes. Check page 5 of the show off your rover thread. Im sure you have seen various rrs's with 22's. I just like talking about mine cuz I love it so hard (mother-in-law terminology)

Just make sure that what you get wont violate any warranties or whatever should something happen while they are on. Find out about rubbing as well with 24's.

You got pics of the rims you want.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Also consider on the 2 fo's, w less sidewall showing its harder for the cops to shoot out the tires.

Juz sayin'.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
kstatenupe said:
I just like talking about mine cuz I love it so hard (mother-in-law terminology)
Nupe, you nasty boy. :shock:

·
Registered
270 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
kstatenupe said:
I just like talking about mine cuz I love it so hard (mother-in-law terminology)
Nupe, you nasty boy. :shock:
Oh snap. I never thought about it like that. Seriously.

OK Here is the story (cliffs). Wife and I drive down from MN on Christmas. M-I-L goes to a Gospel concert in KC in a severe Ice Storm. M-I-L gets stuck. cant drive up a hill. calls us to get her. When M-I-L was asked why she would drive in an Ice storm for a concert - "Cuz I love it so hard. It just does somethin to me".

I guess thats just the Arkan-sippi in her.

I know most of you get what Im saying, but I had to clarify.

Only Goose can turn a hilarious moment into late night cinemax :naughty: :clap:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Phew, thanks for clearing that up Nupe.

I'm relieved to hear the explanation.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Guys.

C.U.B. - Cashed Up Bogan ( Overpaid tradesman working in the gold/Iron Ore mines with too much money - not enough sense ).

I dig those East Coast references Stateside, except Ke you forgot to mention the bucket of KFC she picked up back from Gospel.

Goosey Loosey - you never fail to amaze me ! I'm sure the Urban Dictionary has subtitles for all the slang in this forum channel ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
703 Posts
24s on a Range Rover Sport just look ridiculous.

22s are the max you can get away with while still looking respectable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts