RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some nine years ago I purchased and fitted a Double S Stainless Steel cat back exhaust system from Rimmer Bros - it came with a lifetime guarantee/warranty. During the annual MoT last week the tester was rather confused that the exhaust emissions were, as he put it, all over the place. They checked the exhaust and the centre section had completely sheared through just in front of the rear connection to the tail pipes - looked to be fatigue! However, it never sounded as though it was blowing - the guys at the test centre couldn't quite believe it . . . . . . neither could I to be honest!

Obviously an MoT fail and so I contacted Rimmer Bros and made a claim on the warranty. They contacted Double S immediately who asked for it to be returned for repair so I whipped it off the vehicle and it was collected by courier (no charge to me) on Tuesday and sent to Double S over 230 miles away. Today, Thursday, less than 48 hours later it was delivered back fully repaired, no quibbles! I will refit it this weekend.

Absolutely cracking service from both Rimmer Bros and Double S Exhausts and good to know that their guarantee/warranty 'does what it says on the tin'.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
I could not agree more! When I had my Sterlings, Jags and MGs they were often the only source for parts.. Through many Range Rovers over the years, some bits of trim, obscure fasteners and odd parts... Rimmers was the answer. Always helpful, easy to work with and the single occasion they shipped an incorrect part it was quickly corrected. For over 25 years they have provided stellar service for anything I have possibly needed... or wanted that I could not find elsewhere.

·
Registered
770 Posts
As RRTH says, they often have the obscure bit that no one else stocks or even knows about, ive used them a few times now, pretty much always next day delivery aswell, blinding service.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Good to know. I’m actually over the pond for work right now. In London for the next few days. If I had more time I’d take a trip up north. Maybe in November when I’m back in Manchester. That is closer anyway. The VAT is hard to swallow so usually I just ship it to the states. Bringing parts home in my suitcase seemed good until the VAT refund process became so difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts