RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car into for a wash a week or so ago and the guy pointed out I have a chunk of my back left tire missing as well as part of the rim lip.

Nothing major but it is there.

A friend comes by with the same RRS and I show him what happened and he points out he has the same thing.

Up at a friends on for the 4th and he has the same thing...

Stop by dealer to make sure the car is safe and they tell me it is safe and that this happens all the time.

I dont remember ever having this happen on any other cars I have owned...?

Anyone else have this or is the same group thugs following me and my "crew" around screwing up our tires?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Yup, I got an idea who might be causing this. If you are careful you can sneak up on them and catch them in the act. Its just an observation of mine, but they seem to attack more when women are driving.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
too funny! :D :D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
:lol: The sidewalls of those crappy Conti stock tires are made of butter, though. I lost a couple of chunks myself originally, just by lightly brushing against one of those bad boys pictured above, and I didn't even scrape the rim. :? If it's just a superficial "wound", it should be safe to drive. I have done a lot worse than scraping sidewalks with my Coopers and the sidewalls still look perfect.

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
I just had (2) 20" stomers and 2 Conti's replaced by insurance thanks to a pot hole getting off the mass pike, and onto i-495 north 2 weeks ago. Bent both rims, and blew out 1 of the 2 tires. I took pics of the 4 pot holes on the other side of the toll booth and gave them to my insurance company. They say cause it was a construction zone they are going to go after the state of mass and try and get them to pay for the damages, but I'm not holding my breathe, Mass is another state about to go chapter 11.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
beachfront, I put together a little one act play you can follow to get to the bottom of this. Any resemblance to any specific incident in my life is purely coincidental. You'll see where the psychology of the opening gambit comes into play here.
______

Me/You: Hi Honey, you know I love you very much, right? And that's why its so hard for me to bring this up.

Her (somewhat nervously, thinking there might be an undetected relationship problem or perhaps you're gonna break the news about giving her a STD): Um. Yeah?

Me/You: Remember when you drove the RRS to the manicure/pedicure place the other day? I happened to notice when you got back there were large chunks missing from the tire and rim. You wouldn't have, um, run into a curb or something?

Her (nervous laughter of relief, thinking this could have been a lot worse, so why not spill the beans): Oh yeah, you see the guy next to me parked at an odd angle, and I know you've always told me to put some space between the cars so we don't get a door ding, so when I did that, I mighta brushed the curb a bit.

Ed. note (Never forget, women are very smart too. They play the "spend a dime to save a quarter" game very, very well)

Me/You (thinking why the hell didn't you just park 25' further from the nail salon in the wide open space?): That's okay Pookie, what do you want to get for dinner?

...The End...

·
Banned
890 Posts
Hummm is right... My 04 MkIII my partner took to the mall. He called me 3 hours later...

Him : ummmm I'm not sure I want to come home
Me: ummm WHY???
Him : Someone parked really close the drives side of the green monster and umm put a dimple in the drivers door
me : ARE YOU #@@#@[email protected][email protected] KIDDING ME? DIDN'T YOU PARK FAR AWAY?
Him : It was pooring rain
Me : ARE YOU GOING TO #@@[email protected]#[email protected][email protected] MELT IN THE RAIN ??
Him : I'm sorry...
Me: mmm hummmmmmmmmm 411 and call dent wizard and get them to repair is ASAP and your paying for it, not me lazy @#[email protected]#

He got home, and looked like someone kicked the door, or hit the door really hard, was about the size of a softball

·
Banned
890 Posts
needless to say... He hasn't driven any of my cars since. He hasn't even taken a ride in the new S5 either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts