RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what is the max tire size i can fit on this rim, currently it has 255/50 and which model year range rover this rim was fitted I want to know if it is a factory or aftermarket?
IMG-20190327-WA0000[1].jpg

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,100 Posts
255/50/20 is a stock size tire for the 06 and up supercharged L322's. The black Land rover badge shows it came from an SC'ed truck. I would guess its anywhere from an 06 to 09 stock wheel (could also be from a Sport, or even an LR3 - those little holes next to the lug holes are not typical of a full size range rover rim). I don't think 20" rims were an option on the 05 and earlier L322's. Look on the back there will be some numbers molded into one of the spokes, one of which will be 2 digits which will be the back spacing of the rim 45 = 45mm positive back spacing, and another that should be a digit and 1 or 2 letters, which will be the wheels profile like 8J which would be an 8 in wide rim witha J style profile. those numbers might narrow it down a bit closer to actual production years.

Max size in an off road style tire with a more square edge without modifications is about 275/55/20. You may be able to go wider if you drop the sidewall height down or go to a more car like tire with rounded edges but be prepared for a rough ride as you go below 50 on the aspect ratio. You have to watch the back spacing on the rims so you don't rub on the struts or the inner fender walls, to little back spacing and you will hit the inner walls, to much and you will hit the fender lips if you go to wide.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Mark in the rim pictured this is called a 20 in Lux rim, a hi quality factory rim BTW.
the small holes in the rims next to the lug bolt holes indicate the newer style of the 20 inch lux rims,from 2006 to 2009
the early 20 inch lux rims had a dimple instead of a hole, and came on the 2003, 2004, 2005 ,
the later style has a through hole possibly to let water escape.
I have had both styles on a 2005 Range Rover full size.
I have fitted 265 50 20 Nitto terra Grapplers G2 tires with no fitment issues and this tire will also fit into the spare tire well inflated

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, the tires I have on now are 18s and they look too small for the range rover, I will get the 20s tomorrow, the tires they came with are not in good shape so I have to buy new ones thats why I wanted to know the size that can fit on them, i want fat tires i use the car in town only i have never gone offroading and im not planning to, so 275/45 maybe? or 275/50 i wanted to know whats the max i can go without any issues

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
255/50/20 is a stock size tire for the 06 and up supercharged L322's. The black Land rover badge shows it came from an SC'ed truck. I would guess its anywhere from an 06 to 09 stock wheel (could also be from a Sport, or even an LR3 - those little holes next to the lug holes are not typical of a full size range rover rim). I don't think 20" rims were an option on the 05 and earlier L322's. Look on the back there will be some numbers molded into one of the spokes, one of which will be 2 digits which will be the back spacing of the rim 45 = 45mm positive back spacing, and another that should be a digit and 1 or 2 letters, which will be the wheels profile like 8J which would be an 8 in wide rim witha J style profile. those numbers might narrow it down a bit closer to actual production years.
Max size in an off road style tire with a more square edge without modifications is about 275/55/20. You may be able to go wider if you drop the sidewall height down or go to a more car like tire with rounded edges but be prepared for a rough ride as you go below 50 on the aspect ratio. You have to watch the back spacing on the rims so you don't rub on the struts or the inner fender walls, to little back spacing and you will hit the inner walls, to much and you will hit the fender lips if you go to wide.

yeah I was thinking about the 275/55 as well but I wanted to be sure if it will fit without any issues, I will check on the back of the wheels for the numbers

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
hi all, do you know if a 255/60 R20 would fit without modifications? thx

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Yes it will..

Your speedo will be off approximately 1-2MPH depending on speed.

Ie you are going 30MPH, while in reality you are traveling at 31MPH

You are going 60MPH, while in reality you are traveling at 61.9MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Hi Keralis, thanks very much. Mine is a SC 2011 and I am looking mostly for ride comfort on the road. I do not want to make any modifications to the rims to fit the tires so the 255/60 R20 seems to be a good choice then. If you believe that other tires could be more optional pls let me know. best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts