RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to double-check that I have my sides strait as I reassemble my heads. If i'm standing in front of the truck looking at the engine - The head on MY right is the left bank right? and vice versa on the other side. Or, to put it the other way, if I was sitting in the driver's seat looking at the engine then my left is the engine left?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
left side sitting behind the wheel, never standing in front of motor. by the way "MY" means Model Year on automotive terms.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Although you want to place things back where they came from. The left and right heads are identical and can be swapped.

On ships they use port and starboard for that reason. It is not left or right, but rather a particular side of the ship. Unfortunately on land they are not that clever and we end up with this discussion. It is confusing: in the US the cars are left hand drive but they drive and the right hand side of the road.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Correct. "drive" side is always on the center line of the road. "sided" items are always from inside the cabin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts