RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anyone out there know what Normal or Nominal ride height should be from wheel up to wheel well lip when standard on road height is selected. Also what off-road height should measure from hub to wheel well lip...thanks in advance.

Regards.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My car (03 4.4) is sitting out in the garage where it has been parked at offroad level for over a week. Take that for what it is since it MIGHT have leaked down a bit in that time but the whole air suspension was just renewed with new OEM front struts and a new compressor. The car is dead even side to side so I doubt it has gone down to any appreciable degree.

The following measures are from the center of the wheel hub straight up to the fender lip:
Front- 20 3/4 inches
Rear- 20 inches

When I finally get around to driving it I will measure the normal and access modes a well. For some reason after the suspension overhaul, access height is very low on my car now. I'll bet there is a 8" difference from access to offroad now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the great info. I measured and mine is the same. In my books thats two for two. You hear all the stories about seepage and what not and I couldnt find what they "should" be when in good condition. Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
From the service manual:
Nominal height from hub centre to wheel arch (not liner):
Front 493 ± 2 mm (19.4 in ± 0.08 in), Rear 483 ± 2 mm (19.0 in ± 0.08 in).

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
When you say nominal ride height do you mean normal ride height?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
I presume it's what they mean, mine measures those figures (+/- 1cm) while in normal mode...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine is 21.5, but I've had mine recalibrated for higher "normal" height.

Stock Normal height on mine was 19.5 inches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts