RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I amlooking for information regarding quality ride in the Range Rover. Does any one have experience regarding if the ride inthe L405 has been improved from the L322, assuming same wheel size. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I have 20s on both my 2010 Range Rover and 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, they ride identical, +/- some for tyre quality.
I have 20s on my 2017 Range Rover HSE, rides really well especially on rough terrain such as an overly repaired road, or gravel road, night and day difference in my opinion than the L322, and quieter ride than the L322. I'd say you have to drive both, the seats are completely different as well.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
The 405 is definitely better dampened and controlled without loosing comfort. It doesn't have the magic carpet float of P38s and EAS Classics, which for most is a good thing. The 322 was little firmer than earlier models due to the design of the independent suspension mimicking solid axle articulation BUT was also firmer in road response. There is strip of old cobble stone road I take any new car on to try out suspension. You barely notice it in a 405.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much to both of you for your answers. Sorry but I do not quite understand when you say that the L322 has the magic carpet ride and the L405 does not, but instead, the L405 is better dampened. Best.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Thanks very much to both of you for your answers. Sorry but I do not quite understand when you say that the L322 has the magic carpet ride and the L405 does not, but instead, the L405 is better dampened. Best.
He was talking about the 1st and 2nd generation Rovers. Imagine the ride of a panther body Lincoln town car with air ride.. wallowy(?) and lots of body roll. Think of what an old hydraulic suspension Rolls Royce would ride like. Not very desirable if you’re doing 85 through a tight curve in a tunnel. Can’t describe that really that well, I’m talking about the stupid maze of Chicago highway roads that I take too fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts