RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my 98 HSE on rhino ramps to change the oil and filter. I had the EAS on the highest setting. Then all of the sudden I could hear this very audible woosh sound as the front passenger side air bags started to drop. Almost like the sound when you relieve air out of a tire.

Now my EAS dash shows the highest setting and the lowest setting light constantly on no flashing and when I adjust the heights the light just flashes at the set setting but the fronts will not raise up.....?!

The rears raise up just fine.....

Arrgh...

I just order some new generation II Arnott front bags.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
it probably wasn't the ramps, it was probably the high-setting, if your bags were in very bad shape. They shrink with age and putting it up that high on a very old bag can cause it to separate. new bags are in order either way...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just reset it with my EAS Buddy and set it on high, left my door cracked open so the compressor does not try to compensate for a leak and will check the height tomorrow morning.

Ground to wheel well Distance Inches:
Front passenger side 33 11/16
Rear passenger side 34 1/16
Front driver side 34
Rear driver side 34 5/16

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
If I might ask (which I guess I am) - how much extra clearance do you get from those ramps ?
I mean in reality (vs. what it says on the packaging).

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure but glad I had them because when the truck went on the bump stops this gave me extra height for better comfort loosening up the oil pan bolt and oil filter that was put on WAY too tight by the shop that did the last oil and filter change....sometimes you just have to do these things yourself if you have the time because know one cares more about caring for the truck then yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts