RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a decent but cheaper cargo basket for the roof of my 13 sport with rhino rails. I’ve been strapping a bag for trips and what not but now Living at the beach I will be doing a bit more sandy stuff and would like a basket to still haul luggage and what not but also on weekends throw sandy chairs and misc stuff on the roof instead of in the boot.

Basically I want something that looks fitting in size for the roof and not look to dwarfed.

Thanks in advance

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
Brim....most of the baskets I have seen look "small" and a bit funny on the roof. Unfortunately unless there are any new developments from THULE, I'm not aware of a full size basket. If you're going to do this regularly, you may be interested in a Bajarack which we built for the RRS specifically...and that fits appropriately anchored on the roof rails, again it doesn't look good when mounted on the cross bars...just sits too high and looks a bit awkward. When I designed the feet with Sergio at Bajarack, we designed it to mate up with a metal plate that slides into the roof rails. Before that I had it on the cross bars, and it creates too much wind noise, and just looks odd as it sits too high.

The other really cool option you may want to look at are Hannibal racks...flat, low profile, full roof coverage, but I think again they have to mount either directly to the roof or to the rails. You may want to contact them and see if they would build you a basket...that is larger than the Thule's...

Good luck..post pics when you get a chance!

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I love the look of the Baja rack, problem being I want an easy in and off as trips into NYC and parking garages make it difficult when running a full roof rack. The Thule i thinknis my best option.

Will post pics up once they finally fix the forums and I get it installed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts