RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and ordered the Rhino Racks Sportz racks and I am very happy with the how they look on the car!

I want to give recognition to Darrin from Urban Rovers for all of his correspondance, I will definately order parts from him in the future (Unfortunately there is one Mega Internet Retailer that had a price that Darrin just could not come close to on this one).

This is what was on my door step when I got home last night...



Here they are on the RR: (Sorry for the crappy Cell Phone Pics, I was in a hurry)




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
I have yakima bars but these look so much better. Do you have any idea if you can mount a big thule/yakima ski box on these bars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
artvark said:
I have yakima bars but these look so much better. Do you have any idea if you can mount a big thule/yakima ski box on these bars?
I have the Thule Evolution 21 that will be up there on my 1st road trip.

Ill post how it looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cmarshack said:
artvark said:
I have yakima bars but these look so much better. Do you have any idea if you can mount a big thule/yakima ski box on these bars?
I have the Thule Evolution 21 that will be up there on my 1st road trip.

Ill post how it looks.

So I finally got around to putting the Thule roof wart an top of the Rover for our trip this weekend. As you can see it does stick over the rear, but not past the bumper so I don't think it's that bad. If I had the rail system I wold only move it forward a few inches as I would still like the airflow off the windshield to flow over the top to be more areodynamic. All in all I am happy!

Also wirthy of note, the read tailgate can only be opened half way before the spoiler hits the bottom of the box. Not that big a deal for me either.
 

Attachments

D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
cmarshack,
I would say it looks real good. Maybe you could have gone one size down? We have yet to get a rocket box. Do you find that you are getting noise or vibrations from having the racks and box up there?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
darrinturner said:
cmarshack,
I would say it looks real good. Maybe you could have gone one size down? We have yet to get a rocket box. Do you find that you are getting noise or vibrations from having the racks and box up there?

Cheers

Just got back from 9 days in Tahoe, the racks work very well. Very solid! I could barely tell the box was up there, no wind noise and no bouncing or vibrations! As far as the size, it was for my GX470 so I was not thinking of the Rover when I bought it. I also need the extra size...That box was packed full of all the kids Christmas presants and I have a StowAway II that had my luggage in it. The back of the car is reserved for my Chocolate Lab :thumb:

On a side note I REALLY love the rover! With all of the rain, snow and wind that I came accross during the 1000 mile road trip I was amazed at how well this car handles the elements. Cross winds do nothing to this car (even with the roof box on it), My lexus would pitch from side to side with any cross winds at all! Heavy rain at high speeds, no issue. Snow and ice, once again it did very well with the Zeon LTZ's. I am very happy with my move from Lexus to LR!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top