RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so if you spend too much time composing your note, you get logged out and lose everything you're typing.. . @!#$ !

After reading the many posts on the forum about roof rack solutions, ended up going with Rhino Rack out of Australia. My reasons:

1) RRS specific roof rails (mounting holes for the rails line up to the RRS 2010’s pre-drilled holes).
2) Tons of accessories… more than I actually would ever need, so could probably say having so many is really not that important… but, nice to know it’s there! :p
3) Their Aero cross bars mount directly to the flush rails providing for a streamlined look. http://rhinorack.com/BarType_Aero_Page_1_VirtualSystem_RLTF-RT-Track-Mount-_900050_2.aspx

My only real concern was that they’re not well known in the U.S., so having quick / convenient access to parts / accessories was a consideration. Well, turns out they now have a Rhino Rack USA web site (http://rhinorack.com/Index.aspx). The site shows that they have a distribution center in Centennial, CO.

During the lull between Christmas and New Year’s, I called their offices, fully expecting to get a recorded greeting. Lo, a nice gal answered who turned out to be one of the most informed reps of any product line I’ve seen. She informed me they only opened their U.S. distribution center 6 months ago and are working on expanding their retail network.

So after about 20 mins on the phone, her answering all my questions while I am looking at parts and accessories on the web, I ordered the rails, Aero bars, and ski / snowboard holder. She had all items in stock and they arrived about a week later. Total price out the door $570 plus about $35 shipping. A bit more than half what a LR dealership would charge for the LR branded solution.

Was intending to install myself, when from Rhino’s own website, found that there’s a Rhino retailer in San Diego. Called and asked if they can do the mounting… “Sure. Take a little over an hour. $90.” I made the appointment.

I’ll post pics once I get the RRS washed. Rain’s in the forecast for tomorrow (boy, we need it), so maybe Sat before she’s photographable. :D

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
That looks promising, in for pics! I didn't see a year designation when I chose the Sport, so I'm assuming the roof rails fit both the 06-09s and 10s?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TripleE said:
... so I'm assuming the roof rails fit both the 06-09s and 10s?
Exactly. I asked the same question.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics of the roof racks.

[attachment=4:6ej02vum]DSC_0086A-900.jpg[/attachment:6ej02vum]

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
How did you get it for ~$50 shipping? 3 years ago the rack was about $300 and the shipping from Australia was about $500 by air or $250 by boat if you could get it amalgamated with some other stuff. Do they now import tot he US? That is why I went another route.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bop08 said:
How did you get it for ~$50 shipping? ... Do they now import tot he US?
They now have a distribution center in Centennial, CO. They had the parts in stock there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like that rack, it doesn't add 10 inches to your overhead clearance..looks good. What was the shop in SD that did the install? Are they a Rhino retailer as well?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Hi Darrin,
Do you know the dimensions of the square bar? And the price shown includes the roof rail?

http://www.xtremerovers.com/range-rover-sport-heavy-duty-roof-racks-p-105.html

I am interested to know if my Thule accessories would fit on it. Thanks.
Hi,
Rhino makes attachments for your current system to use Rhino accessories, but unfortunately not the other way around. So this rack system wont work with Thule accessories.

Correct, the rack system comes with

Heavy Duty Bar
Part No: RB1375S
The RB1375S Alloy (Silver) Bar is 1375mm in length and supplied as a single item

Leg Set
Part No: RLTP
legs 50mm in height to suit RT Type track supplied per pair

TRACK SET
Part No: RTS508
Rhino Vehicle specific track supplied as a pair

Denver Rovers get install for $45 at your location

1 - 16 of 16 Posts