RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst tinkering with my cars settings I lost use of the reversing camera. I left the car for an hour or so to see if it reset - no help. I left the car for several hours and bingo the computer must have fully switched off and rebooted. My question - How can I get the inbuilt computer to restart the settings without a long wait. One post on another subject said disconnecting the battery and touching the cables together would reset the engine but not other controls. If that is the method, do you really need to short the cables?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,674 Posts
Of course you need to short the cables. It also does not reset anything in the engine. Removing BOTH cables and holding them together for a moment discharges the stored energy in the capacitors for volatile memory in the systems. Remember this is not a cure all. It does nothing for adaptive value or security issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RRToadHall. I appreciate your reply. Its a shame the agent I bought the car from did not any advice other than bring the car in and no doubt admire the size of our fee!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts