RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello RR net community. I’ve recently pulled my 93 LWB out of long term storage. Some people store wine, I store rover parts and an old rover. It hit 25 years this year so it's a classic in my state for lifetime plates and the option of putting a 1993 issue plate back on it. Had a 93 SWB that I ran when another guy, Mike, and I formed the Space Coast Rovers club and prior website. We met at the sun coffee shop in Melbourne Florida monthly on a Saturday night at 10pm and then HIT THE SWAMPS until the wee hours. I've seen more of rural florida at night than during the day in that rover. We took my boys and their friends - and even let Hummers and Jeeps into the pack, just to have something fun to pull out of the mud. Deepest water I ran was a 3 inches up the windscreen drop, thanks to the mantek and blue RTV sealed ignition. I learned to shut both the hood vent AND the sunroof - I had water cascading in through both on various trips. Of course the AC never worked in that truck and you just dont run heaters in the space coast. Most memoriable hang-up was with Mike in okeefenokee swamp in north florida — That day I yanked the end off a Bilstein shock and in 2 feet of alligator infested water tried to straddle a log that ended all 4 wheels spinning — while mike, behind me with the only winch on my front bumper, tried to hop a 12”log that went over the left wheel but not the right. When we climbed onto the hood in the Cyprus grove - all you could see water water in all directions... We humbled ourselves to a passing truck on the other new trail (shipping channel) but to no avail — they could not help. Mike's AX was put to use, chopped his tree and cleared his disco. Later that night, at midnight with headlights on a hoisted confederate flag the big florida toys came out (long bed, 15”lift, 44”tire, 500+hp rat motor& open headers, 4wd chevy and ford trucks were dipping their front tires into a lake and popping back out in reverse. Suddenly - the boy misses reverse and the entire truck disappeared into the lake with seatbelts fastened on all the passengers. It was a life-rescue situation now and the brave swam down and cut the belts. With a network of about 12 winches - the rat motor truck was pulled out, a chorus of bud lite tops were popped and the activities continued on as if nothing occurred.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. When i find my backup drive i will post via phtobucket..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts