Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After an 8-year absence since my last 4.2 Classic, I'm today back into a Range Rover, a 2006 4.2 S/C !!

The car doesn't seem to have FBH (which I understand is not a common fitment on petrol models?), certainly no option of it in the on-screen displays, so I'm assuming it's not fitted. I understand the configuration of the system fairly well from the pump and petrol pipe from the tank through to the FBH, wiring, software and remotes.

I'd quite like to have the functionality of FBH but it seems that unless many of the components are already installed by default , it seems it would be both complex and extremely expensive to retrofit it.

Does anyone know definitively what components, if any, are already installed on a non-FBH 2006 4.2 S/C? Am I naive in thinking that I just need to buy a petrol FBH unit and remotes or would I need to source absolutely everything, which sounds quite impractical?

Tks in advance for any thoughts.

Paul

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
We don't have them at all over here. I've only heard of a handful of folks that have them on petrols. They are somewhat common on diesels though. Having seen diagrams for diesels with and without there is ALOT of additional piping, T fitments etc. The very thought of a retro, on an SC to boot, is just mind boggling. Of course on an SC you also have think along the lines of "where ya goinna stick it?".

·
Registered
631 Posts
I was interested in having the fuel burning heater also in my 06 SC. Would like to know if anyone has done this.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
543 Posts
PT - welcome back.

Reminds me of the Topgear episode when the L322 was tested with Jezza - awesome video which I still today can't find on youtube anymore !

I first heard of this "paraffin" heater at the end of his show and would expect this installation to include a lot of additional plumbing/expense ?

Looking forward to your appreciation of the fine beast and I think it's one of the better or reliable versions of the proper Range Rover mista.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Hi-line
Perth, W.A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts