Range Rovers Forum banner

Retrofitting 2007 or 2008 with 2005 or earlier taillights

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lushmojo 
#1 ·
I'm currently looking for a 2007 or 2008 HSE (in Tonga with Ivory/Cherry interior, lux package and DVD). I was initially looking at earlier models (2004-2005), but decided to go with '07-'08 for improved reliability. My one esthetic preference from the 2003-2005 models are the taillights; I love the the amber lamp over the red lamp vs the newer white over red. The older lamps just look a bit more classic to me. From my understanding most of the taillight assemblies are capable of being swapped out. Anyone know of any reason that I can't (or shouldn't) put the older model taillight assemblies in an '07 or '08?

Looking forward to getting back into the Land Rover family (2 series II discos and an LR3 in our past).

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Re: Retrofitting 2007 or 2008 with 2005 or earlier taillights

Plug and play.

And you will probably be able to sell the newer taillights easily, as a lot of people like to get rid of the amber portion.
Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'm in the minority that likes the more classic look. Now, if I can just find the right Rover.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Re: Retrofitting 2007 or 2008 with 2005 or earlier taillights

Funny you should mention that; I actually thought that same thing earlier today. And I gave up worrying about people thinking I'm a weirdo ages ago (especially with going to med school at 40). ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.