RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Is there any way to replace the usb/charger module that's found in the centre console with the version containing the HDMI/SIM/USB/cigarette charger?

My HSE only has the twin USB and cigarette charger and I've been told that unless I have HDMI input that android auto & apple car play will not be available.

My dealer had told me that through land rover it is not possible to buy. He said you could find a third party version. I've searched online but but able to find what I'm looking for.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi JoeZ,

Since you mention that you only have usb/charger in your center console, I assume you have a 2014, 2015, or 2016 RRS. Those model years do not support Apple Car Play/Android Auto. The first model year that does is 2017. Changing the inputs will not help you.

Regards,

Jose

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Baxterdown,

I have 2017 HSE. software version 18C installed.

I had assumed that HDMI was standard but unfortunately it wasn't.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi JoeZ,

The QuickGuide released by Land Rover says nothing about HDMI being required for Apple Car Play. Besides, Apple Car Play connects to USB, not HDMI. The only requirement the QuickGuide mentions is "for entertainment units with a 10" screen from model year 17." HDMI has nothing to do with Apple Car Play. You can download the QuickGuide here.

Does your screen look like the one on the pictures in the guide? If so, take the guide to your dealer and push for the update. I have the feeling the dealer is incorrect.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Jose

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info baxterdown & totya.

So the issue I have is that my version of the UIP (as LR refer to it as) is not in the top two. As in no HDMI input.

I've been told from the dealer that I can't purchase an upgrade either.

He did say that I would be able to find something third party but wasn't able to tell me where exactly.

So if I can't purchase an upgraded version of the UIP from LR where can I find a third party version?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Existing thread on ACP and AA for 2014-2017 models.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/319121-options-apple-carplay-update-2015-infotainment.html

The 2018s and up with the dual touch can be updated to 18c and support Apple CarPlay/Android Auto with no additional hardware.

-ThinkMac-
I have a 2017 HSE dynamic. It DOES have the HDMI input. I also have an updated In Control Pro screen (the one the 18/19 have).
However, I don't see or may not have apple car play. Not sure how to get it installed onto the vehicle from here.
Any insights? Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2017 HSE dynamic. It DOES have the HDMI input. I also have an updated In Control Pro screen (the one the 18/19 have).
However, I don't see or may not have apple car play. Not sure how to get it installed onto the vehicle from here.
Any insights? Thanks.
Need 18C software AND smartphone package. I’m getting mine done tomorrow but mines a 2018. Should be the same for yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I have 2019 HSE and I have the same front console as JoeZ described. I've talked with many dealers but they all say my car doesn't support carplay. They argue that they cant upgrade either the software or the hardware. Has anyone found a solution??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have 2019 HSE and I have the same front console as JoeZ described. I've talked with many dealers but they all say my car doesn't support carplay. They argue that they cant upgrade either the software or the hardware. Has anyone found a solution??
I have the same problem with 2019 Autobiography model. I've neither sim card reader, nor HDMI port even if I have the touch pro duo.
I ask the dealer for the smartphone pack update but nothing!
Any solution please ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts