RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Part number XQM000440LNF is for a dash mounted speaker, much like what the L322 has.

I would like to retrofit this into my Rover and wonder if the Hanes for it is neatly tucked away in the dash somewhere or whether it would need wiring, and a different amp...

Does anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
p38 was never designed for a dash speaker thus harness is non existent, you will have to wire and custom cut the dash. it is very shallow I doubt if any decent speaker will fit in there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears as though it was actually designed for a dash speaker, or perhaps they made a special dash. The part number listed is a dash speaker for our p38’s. I think it was an option found on the Westminster’s or something.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
2,084 Posts
The dash speaker was only fitted to the very late model Vogue SE. No idea if it was sold in the US but was in the UK and was part of a 13 speaker DSP system so unlikely that the wiring will be there on any other model.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah gotcha, that makes sense. I’ve dealt with the DSP system on BMWs, not the easiest to work with ?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
359 Posts
Just curious.. Why? Assuming you have the Harman Kardon speakers in it, they sound pretty good IMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts