RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Writing this post with info that help me
Fix my problem and maybe will answer some of your questions:

I own 2001 Range Rover HSE, the remote was not working and that make all kind of problems like battery die cuz the locks open and close by itself all the time, I could never lock the doors, if by a mistake lock the door with the key the alarm activate and took me weeks to make the engine works again.

So, I was trying to resync the remote and according to RR manual it should be done alone with the key in the ignition for this model... but nop, not in my american truck.

i was worry cuz the other option is putting the key in the door but if I mistake or didn’t work will desable the engine one more time.

this is what worked for me:

1. I make sure the light in the remote worked and have batteries
2. Put the key in the door
3. Press the unlock button
4. Turn to unlock (to the left)
5. Hold it for seconds
6. The truck will make a noise
7. It will lock automatically
8. Take the key to the middle and off the door
9. Press the unlock button
10. It works now.

note: don’t turn ever to the right because is going to activate the alarm.

hope this help somebody.

·
Super Moderator
3,128 Posts
What you've described is half of the correct sync process which has been described in full numerous times. Unlikely to help anyone because, as you say, by only doing half the job, you'll set off the alarm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you've described is half of the correct sync process which has been described in full numerous times. Unlikely to help anyone because, as you say, by only doing half the job, you'll set off the alarm.
It make sense, the fact is, it worked perfect for me, several time already.

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts