RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Guys, (sorry for my English)
I have recently acquired a Supercharged, I bought it to a guy who had the bad luck ofgetting down a flooded Street... the poor lost control and the car was made the left margin, leaving half inclined to of fall River... the boy went into panic, He turned off the car (says reminiscent before shutting it off some lights on the inside of the car lit up) and out the door on the passenger... leaving the car there.The next day, it was to search with crane and found him thus:
IMG-20190314-WA0053.jpg
It led him to an official Range Rover dealer and passed him abudget of 7,000 service / €9.000. and of course, He did not want to pay for a service that is worth so muchmoney.
It was then when I contacted him, we saw the car and made him an offer. I spoke with the shop and apparently the front of the car was not completely flooded, rather, It was left, even flooded water entering the inside of the vehicle.
IMG_20190322_103057.jpg
IMG_20190322_103023.jpg
IMG_20190322_103007.jpg
Of the workshop told me that the engine was not affected but that not it could start, they believed that an electrical issue, that could apparently come from the immobilizer, When turning the key, it does nothing
IMG_20190322_102835.jpg
IMG_20190322_102848.jpg
It was then when I told them, I can open it? and told me that Yes, I opened it and surprise:
IMG_20190322_104326.jpg
IMG_20190322_104318.jpg
I think the first thing, before you do anything, is changing that piece and see what else...

QUESTION: if I buy a second hand immobilizer, you must configure something in the ECU?

Thanks!!!!

Carlos

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help me People!!!

Does anyone know how I can read the error codes? with what device?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
If your modules are that corroded from leaving the battery connected under water there may be no hope of reading any thing. The key to flood cars anywhere is not to touch them with a barge pole, you never know what is going to be damaged, you will never get all the silt out and who knows what sewage and chemicals were in that flood water.

even if your buddy had full coverage insurance we needs to take his lumps. Key the public service announcement to never drive down a flooded road... which will be the reason for denying any claim he files.

He needs to refund any money you spent purchasing that money pit because it will have a flood certification attached to the title or a scrap title. You will never be able sell it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That car is a mess ! i wouldn't want anything to do with it. i doubt there would be much scrap value in the car due to all the water damage. If the engine was running when it was submerged the block would have been hydrolocked probably bending the con-rods and destroying the valves and more ! you cant compress a liquid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts