RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there (newbie here)

Driving home tonight my little baby (2012 Evoque) decided to have a fit and on came the Restricted Performance warning light, car had very little power and I just managed to make it home (was only around the corner). When this happened I may have just slightly accelerated (a fair bit actually I had some stupid man trying to get my attention) (this of course back fired) (;().

Once I got home I did turn it off and restart it a couple of minutes later and the warning had gone and it seemed to be running fine, so I took the RR for a quick spin and all seems right again in our world.

Anyone else experienced this? Was I at fault?

I live in GA and we just had a ton of rain come over us and I have read on some old forums that people had experienced this, but, those were super old posts and can't seem to find anything more current...

Should I call the Dealership and get them to come pick it up and check it over?

Any advice would be great

Thanks

RR Evoque 2012 Prestige 13k miles

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Restricted Performance message is an early indicator of a fault. There was an issue with the engine calibration file early on, but should have been taken care of before you bought it, that fits your symptom and scenario near perfectly, see attached.

There is a VIN range for effected vehicles, if yours is not in the range, then this does not apply.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave...

The description of the fault on that PDF was just picture perfect!! I did call the dealership this morning and even tho the fault has gone they are already on their way to pick it up and check it out...

While RR's do have a few gremlins about them, the service that backs them up far out ways any troubles ;)

Thank you ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a update while i'm on here. It was just a software update needed and the problem has not happened again.. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this exact fault. I contacted Range Rover quoting the attached recall and they said that even though my vin number is in the affected range this recall was only applicable to people living in North America (I live in the Uk) any advice on what I can do would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this exact fault. I contacted Range Rover quoting the attached recall and they said that even though my vin number is in the affected range this recall was only applicable to people living in North America (I live in the Uk) any advice on what I can do would be much appreciated
I have the same issue. How can I upgrade the software of the vehicule if that's the issue? I can't go above 45 km/hr. My VIN is included :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts