RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple clips I shot of my resonator delete with the VelocityAP tune installed. I tried to capture the gargles it makes at low RPMs but the crackles and pops are harder to film from a stationary position. Perhaps a GoPro mounted on the rear bumper would do the trick. Note that I did have an X pipe installed post-resonator delete so this isn't a true straight pipe. I would recommend headphones & 1080p, it sounds pretty true to life for me. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes can hear the crackles at low RPM when letting off gas, sounds good. Video is very clear also, what did you use to film?. Looks very fast on take off,
bet it feels much quicker with the tune. Txs for sharing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So this clip is X-pipe AND resonator delete? Sounds fantastic! Anyone got a straight resonator delete clip that's this clear?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So this clip is X-pipe AND resonator delete? Sounds fantastic! Anyone got a straight resonator delete clip that's this clear?
Thanks! Yup, that's correct. I just used an iPhone 8 Plus to record, nothing fancy.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
Is there a reason for the xpipe?
What exactly did you remove, the big “turtle” like resonator, 2nd one?

I made an appointment to get mine removed and straight pipes welded in. Why’d you opt for an x-pipe over straight pipes?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What exactly did you remove, the big “turtle” like resonator, 2nd one?

I made an appointment to get mine removed and straight pipes welded in. Why’d you opt for an x-pipe over straight pipes?
I removed both resonators, so the two boxes that are right next to each other. The shop suggested an X-pipe to reduce drone and rasp (didn't want the car sounding like a ricer Civic with a fart-can exhaust). I'm happy with the results.

From what I've heard, the single resonator delete doesn't make a huge difference in sound but I haven't listened to any sound clips. I guess it doesn't hurt to start slow, you can always cut the other one out later. However, I suppose the opposite is true, you could always add back a resonator if you started with both or add an X-pipe. You are just paying additional labor +welding supplies.
Here's the video another forum member posted of the same delete but with straight pipe instead of an X-pipe. You can be the judge on which sounds better to you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ahhh, i didnt understand that correctly initially. So you deleted both #7 and #8?

Your sounds pretty **** good i’ve gotta admit. Who made your x-pipe? Shop just fabbed it up?

Lastly, who is the member with the straight-pipes? Would love to hear what that sounds like in a video similar to yours

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh, i didnt understand that correctly initially. So you deleted both #7 and #8?

Your sounds pretty **** good i’ve gotta admit. Who made your x-pipe? Shop just fabbed it up?

Lastly, who is the member with the straight-pipes? Would love to hear what that sounds like in a video similar to yours
Haha thanks, I think so too. Exactly, both #7 and #8 were deleted. To be honest, I'm not sure how the X-pipe was fabricated. I think it might have been just a pre-fabricated generic X-pipe from Flowmaster or something.

Here's the post I was referencing: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/323081-mod-friendly-dealer-tri-state-area-resonator-removal.html#post2204992

·
Registered
112 Posts

Haha thanks, I think so too. Exactly, both #7 and #8 were deleted. To be honest, I'm not sure how the X-pipe was fabricated. I think it might have been just a pre-fabricated generic X-pipe from Flowmaster or something.

Here's the post I was referencing: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range-rover-sport-ii-l494/323081-mod-friendly-dealer-tri-state-area-resonator-removal.html#post2204992
I sent DBCooper a PM, asking if he has time to make and share a video similar to yours. I’ll comprise the two videos into one as sort of a side-by-side comparison for ??

·
Registered
149 Posts
I sent DBCooper a PM, asking if he has time to make and share a video similar to yours. I’ll comprise the two videos into one as sort of a side-by-side comparison for ??
Well, I put the resonators back on! I loved the start up rumble and idle but it was way too raspy driving around town. Sometimes it actually sound like something was broken or had a cheap sound. At the 7 second mark of my video above was the noise I heard too often accelerating from stops. If someone is looking for a slight increase in exhaust tone I would encourage them to only delete #8. If someone plans to delete both resonators then I would suggest X pipe or muffler upgrade as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, I put the resonators back on! I loved the start up rumble and idle but it was way too raspy driving around town. Sometimes it actually sound like something was broken or had a cheap sound. At the 7 second mark of my video above was the noise I heard too often accelerating from stops. If someone is looking for a slight increase in exhaust tone I would encourage them to only delete #8. If someone plans to delete both resonators then I would suggest X pipe or muffler upgrade as well.
This is why these forums are so great! Thank you DBCooper! You just saved me the grief of having to re-weld one in. I planned on chopping out both but i thanks to this, i think I’ll go for #8 first, and if i need more, i’ll get an x-pipe made in lieu of the other one.

PS - Im sure you saw this coming, any chance i can bug you for a vid of yours now with just the #8 deleted? ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am planning to do a single resonator delete. Is there a difference in sound whether I pick #7 or #8? Does anyone have a sound clip of a single resonator delete? Any drone inside with a single delete?

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport V6 Supercharged HSE
42 Posts
I wish someone would post a video of the same exact setup (both resonators removed, X pipe added) on a V6 Supercharged HSE. Cant find any videos on that set up and would really like to do it.

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts
I wish someone would post a video of the same exact setup (both resonators removed, X pipe added) on a V6 Supercharged HSE. Cant find any videos on that set up and would really like to do it.
My guess is it would sound sort of like a F-type V6. Hopefully not like a 350Z lol.

·
Registered
2014 Range Rover Sport V6 Supercharged HSE
42 Posts
My guess is it would sound sort of like a F-type V6. Hopefully not like a 350Z lol.
I agree, but who knows, maybe it will sound better. I hope someone can share a video if they done it, or a regular resonator delete with straight pipes instead of the X.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts