Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple clips I shot of my resonator delete with the VelocityAP tune installed. I tried to capture the gargles it makes at low RPMs but the crackles and pops are harder to film from a stationary position. Perhaps a GoPro mounted on the rear bumper would do the trick. Note that I did have an X pipe installed post-resonator delete so this isn't a true straight pipe. I would recommend headphones & 1080p, it sounds pretty true to life for me. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What exactly did you remove, the big “turtle” like resonator, 2nd one?

I made an appointment to get mine removed and straight pipes welded in. Why’d you opt for an x-pipe over straight pipes?
I removed both resonators, so the two boxes that are right next to each other. The shop suggested an X-pipe to reduce drone and rasp (didn't want the car sounding like a ricer Civic with a fart-can exhaust). I'm happy with the results.

From what I've heard, the single resonator delete doesn't make a huge difference in sound but I haven't listened to any sound clips. I guess it doesn't hurt to start slow, you can always cut the other one out later. However, I suppose the opposite is true, you could always add back a resonator if you started with both or add an X-pipe. You are just paying additional labor +welding supplies.
Here's the video another forum member posted of the same delete but with straight pipe instead of an X-pipe. You can be the judge on which sounds better to you.

· Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
112 Posts
Ahhh, i didnt understand that correctly initially. So you deleted both #7 and #8?

Your sounds pretty **** good i’ve gotta admit. Who made your x-pipe? Shop just fabbed it up?

Lastly, who is the member with the straight-pipes? Would love to hear what that sounds like in a video similar to yours

Attachments

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh, i didnt understand that correctly initially. So you deleted both #7 and #8?

Your sounds pretty **** good i’ve gotta admit. Who made your x-pipe? Shop just fabbed it up?

Lastly, who is the member with the straight-pipes? Would love to hear what that sounds like in a video similar to yours
Haha thanks, I think so too. Exactly, both #7 and #8 were deleted. To be honest, I'm not sure how the X-pipe was fabricated. I think it might have been just a pre-fabricated generic X-pipe from Flowmaster or something.

Here's the post I was referencing: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/4...state-area-resonator-removal.html#post2204992

· Registered
112 Posts

Haha thanks, I think so too. Exactly, both #7 and #8 were deleted. To be honest, I'm not sure how the X-pipe was fabricated. I think it might have been just a pre-fabricated generic X-pipe from Flowmaster or something.

Here's the post I was referencing: https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/4...state-area-resonator-removal.html#post2204992
I sent DBCooper a PM, asking if he has time to make and share a video similar to yours. I’ll comprise the two videos into one as sort of a side-by-side comparison for ??

· Registered
151 Posts
I sent DBCooper a PM, asking if he has time to make and share a video similar to yours. I’ll comprise the two videos into one as sort of a side-by-side comparison for ??
Well, I put the resonators back on! I loved the start up rumble and idle but it was way too raspy driving around town. Sometimes it actually sound like something was broken or had a cheap sound. At the 7 second mark of my video above was the noise I heard too often accelerating from stops. If someone is looking for a slight increase in exhaust tone I would encourage them to only delete #8. If someone plans to delete both resonators then I would suggest X pipe or muffler upgrade as well.

· Registered
112 Posts
Well, I put the resonators back on! I loved the start up rumble and idle but it was way too raspy driving around town. Sometimes it actually sound like something was broken or had a cheap sound. At the 7 second mark of my video above was the noise I heard too often accelerating from stops. If someone is looking for a slight increase in exhaust tone I would encourage them to only delete #8. If someone plans to delete both resonators then I would suggest X pipe or muffler upgrade as well.
This is why these forums are so great! Thank you DBCooper! You just saved me the grief of having to re-weld one in. I planned on chopping out both but i thanks to this, i think I’ll go for #8 first, and if i need more, i’ll get an x-pipe made in lieu of the other one.

PS - Im sure you saw this coming, any chance i can bug you for a vid of yours now with just the #8 deleted? ??

· Registered
1 Posts
I am planning to do a single resonator delete. Is there a difference in sound whether I pick #7 or #8? Does anyone have a sound clip of a single resonator delete? Any drone inside with a single delete?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.