RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a G63 and was cross shopping the SVR. The G sounds amazing as did the SVR. I couldn’t help but notice my 14 LWB sounds so puny despite having amazing power.

Went to my local muffler shop chopped the resonators (front and back) off for $110. Sounds 60% like the SVR and NO DRONE. Crackles and pops. I am pleased.

Does anyone know how to add a video i made some for you guys. If anyone wants some sound, no drone , and inexpensive I highly suggest this “mod”

·
Registered
22 Posts
Maybe upload it to Youtube then share the link? I have a 14 LWB and want to do this!!!! On the fence right now though, not sure if I should wait to get the Velocity AP tune and then do this or do this first?

So no drone at highway speeds huh? Which resonators did you remove? All of them?

Can you upload a pic of the underneath so I can see which ones I need to remove?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
I had that done to my 14RRS and it was way too tinny.

An FYI if anyone likes a deeper exhaust, the mufflers are the way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I originally did this at first, then I bought a quick silver exhaust, I like the deep growl of the quicksilver compared to the removed resonators. The removed resonators did sound pretty good though!

If anyone wants a heavily discounted quicksilver exhaust I just took mine off (selling the rover) and would sell the exhaust for pretty cheap, send me a message.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I originally did this at first, then I bought a quick silver exhaust, I like the deep growl of the quicksilver compared to the removed resonators. The removed resonators did sound pretty good though!

If anyone wants a heavily discounted quicksilver exhaust I just took mine off (selling the rover) and would sell the exhaust for pretty cheap, send me a message.
How much for the exhaust?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts