Up to MY2008, it is not possible to extinguish the service interval indicator (SII) manually, you need to take your MY06 or 07 to a dealer or an independent shop equipped with diagnostics software to reset it (or buy an aftermarket gizmo to reset it yourself, a couple of companies now sell those electronic tools.) Starting with MY2008 onwards, you can do it manually from the instrument cluster. This is the procedure for MY08 and 09s:
Manual Reset Procedure
* A. Press and hold the trip reset button.
* B. Turn the ignition switch on to the ignition position II.
* C. If the SII function is enabled the information display will flash 'SERVICE' for 5 seconds and then display 'SERVICE' constantly. If the SII function is not enabled the information display will show the normal odometer and trip information.
* D. If the trip reset button is released within 10 seconds of entering the reset mode, the information display will show 'DIST'. If the trip reset button is not released after 10 seconds the instrument cluster will exit the manual reset procedure.
* E. If the oil service value is to be reset, press the trip reset button within 10 seconds of releasing it and hold for more than 5 seconds. The information display will show 'RST' for 5 seconds and then reset the oil service value, the display will then show ‘END’.
* F. If the trip reset button is pressed for 5 seconds the display will exit the reset routine.
* G. If the trip reset button is not pressed for more than 10 seconds, then the information display will exit the reset routine.
Not sure what the routine would be on MY2010s, but between the 15K miles service interval for those engines, plus the fact that the first service is complimentary so the dealer will reset at that time, we probably won't have to worry about that for a while longer. :wink: