RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys

So I got a new battery. My truck was taking like 7-10 slooowww turns before finally turning on. It got rid of the Traction Failure message so thats nice.

Here are my issues. I followed the guide to resetting the remote for the fob and it didn't work. I followed the write up thats on here but again that was for a 1997 Rover. Have things changed for the 2000 Rover? I'm not getting a low key fob batt. message. The windows reset and sunroof reset just fine.

Another problem is that even after filling up the wind screen wash reservoir I'm still getting a message for it being low. Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Best,
Carlos

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,762 Posts
Key sync at the door is the same for all P38s. You most likely did not start from the correct position. Washer fluid warning is not registered or stored. If it is not clearing with the tank full you have a dirty connection or duff sensor.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Got it! I had to do Key in, unlock, keep key in and press unlock, then lock, keep key in and press lock. Then it locked itself again and blinked the lights 3 times and did the 10 sec. delay for the super lock.

As for a dirty connection or "duff sensor"? what is a duff sensor?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a feeling! Lol Okay I'll check out what sensors and connections are involved and clean them up. Thanks.

End thread.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do. Too cold now. Will update with my findings tomorrow.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
72 Posts
And then you will have to close the circuit with a small U shaped paper clip or safety wire at the disconnect point. When you close the circuit and the warning disappears from your display that will tell you the float sensor is more than likely "duff" :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts