RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! New 2003 Range Rover HSE owner. I just purchased it and the valve block was disconnected because of some huge wheels. I now have stock wheels and tires and reconnected the block and reset the system with AllComm. The compressor works, the truck comes up everywhere except the left front. I know the bag holds air because the PO had the valve bypassed and had air valves on the lines. They hold air for 2-3 days. My AllComm is giving me a "Reservoir valve fault" and it returns immediately after I clear it out. What to do next?

Also, I connected the lines as yellow line to yellow dot on front and rear. I assume that is correct??? There are 2 wiring plugs on the valve and they are both connected. Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AH HAAAA!!! I will look for that. Thanks Also, my left front bag holds air good but when down all the way it doesn't want to inflate. I can hear the air dumping. If I jack up the corner a bit then it 'seats'. Does that mean I need to get a bag?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,762 Posts
It's usually the front right bag that fails first, but you just nailed the root cause. When checking for leaks you MUST check at each height setting. Your front left bag has failed, when on bumpstops the cracks/leak is wie open. Jacking up that corner seals the cracks as they roll past the fold of hte bag. Leak sealed, bag inflates. Sadly the leak has been ignored long enough that your compressor has worn itself out trying to keep up with the leak. Rear bags last far longer. In fact I think I have only replaced one or two here in the shop over the past 8 or 9 years. I would suggest replacing both front struts and your compressor and you will be good for another 100K + miles. :thumb:

Island 4x4 seems to be the best source of late. NEW front struts are about $300 each so even with shipping you are miles ahead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts