RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with a coolant leak and got a quote from range rover dealer and on there was 428.00 to reseal Valley pan gaskit.... what is the valley pan, i called them today and they said its a gaskit to valley pan.... ive search all over the net and cant find valley pan for range rover, its an 04 range rover.... here in USA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its the pan on the bottom of transmission, answered by another member in a different post... Cheers

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
:? Errr, the vally gasket usually refers to the gasket that seals the valley between bank A and bank B. It's located under the intake manifold and requires removal of the your whole top end between banks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had my valley pan gaskit repaired yesterday at my Indy shop for $399...what a deal. :D I received the Low Coolant error message a few days prior and had topped it off with the BMW coolant. The Rover was in the shop for a dead alternator when they discovered a huge puddle of coolant under the intake manifold.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
84 Posts
hdkiwi how can you give such misleading advise to a bloke trying to solve a problem/ mate if you do not know just be silent and read. valley pan is NOT what you describe and i would advise you google it to see what it looks like then look at your engine and identify the pan.its easy and yes its between bank a and bank b of the engine in the "valley"

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,930 Posts
once you replace the valley pan you will know where it is....

if OTOH you write a check to have your vally pan replaced,
then it will be on the bottom of the transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts