Range Rovers Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
How I got her to start may surprise you - It did me. Recapping, no start, no spark, new coil, new amp, and rewired loom section returned nothing. Swapped out new coil because of oil leaking and then spark appears. Volts at Battery 12.5 and 11.5 at coil - This is a problem I'll save for later. Distributor has spark (strong enough looking) but I see the Distributor has movement problems - I assume once I pull it I'll find the shaft has baked oil on it. By hand rocking back and forth the advance feels like something is very wrong. Obtain a new Distributor because while servicing the old one I failed to understand how to disconnect the gear at the bottom. Seems one pin is pressure fit but the pin holding the oil pump interface won't punch out, leaving me to guess about the shaft condition (how do you get that pino ut?). Installed the new Distributor and she started up. Thing is she sounds sort of funny like timing is wrong or something more needs fixing. I'll check into that this weekend because this was taxing and Friday night is Pliny night. Thanks to all you guys and cheerio.

At least the important bit, you've got it running! So good from that perspective.

Certainly you'll gain knowledge through the process, the saying "Land Rover, makes mechanics out of owners" springs to mind.

Hope you get it refined running wise, and enjoy it.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.