RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone know where to find these little plastic inserts for the HVAC Vents? I have searched this forum, the net, and have only been able to find the complete vent assemblies?

If I cannot find the inserts, my only thoughts are to either attempt fabrication of an insert or use a black caulking.

HVAC Insert.jpg Missing HVAC Insert I.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,784 Posts
You don't. They are not, nor have they ever been available as a separate part. You replace the entire vent assembly as a single unit. If you are looking at black caulking you could always remove the ones existing so they match.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,941 Posts
Might check with a Ford dealer the Fords have similar vents and the part might be available.
I was also on the same trail as one of mine is also missing , Just not taken the time to go to a Ford dealer
I superglued the remaining ones in

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,784 Posts
armozo, as noted above, they are not available as separate pieces. although built under Ford ownership, they were a BMW design and never available from Ford.

So no, doc did not find the trim pieces. You are in the same boat as everyone else, either remove all of your existing chrome bits so everything matches or replace the vent assemblies missing the chrome bits to carry the original chrome theme through.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the feedback. I am trying to find out what to do next ... maybe 3D printing the part might be a way.Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
So, my friend and I tried the 3D printing route. I have two prototypes that will need lite sanding. I will also plastic prime them and spray them chrome.Hopefully, these turn out good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts