RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a world that makes little sense, this site used to make sense in that it had excellent information, arranged in a logical way. Would one of the moderators please answer these specific questions: Why did you vandalise this space, and when is our archive coming back?

You do not own it. YOU ARE ONLY THE CUSTODIANS OF OUR SPACE.

I'm assuming the former owner of the domain sold it to... who?

Who, and why would you buy a site about Range Rovers and upload that stupid, irrelevant picture on the banner?

FIX IT PLEASE. It makes a mockery of our subject and screams to all "We don't even know why we're here or what we're talking about".

Three of those cars are Land Rovers. Every Range Rover is a Land Rover too but a Land Rover is a Land Rover. How ignorant and disconnected from the subject at hand would you have to be not to know that?

This is not to disparage Land Rovers but I assume that that brand is catered for on other sites.

It's a visual world. Newcomers will look to the banner photo to find their model. There is no Classic there, no P38 and no L405. They are all Range Rovers of which hundreds of thousands were made. Please ask one of the educated members of this space if you don't know what the subject is.

FIX IT PLEASE.

And this turgid crap, second time around; do you bother to read what you write?

We’re a community forum is to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model.

This site is not a teenager's plaything. ASK if you need a writer.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I was going to suggest you posted this in the Community Feedback forum which seems to be the only one being read by those responsible for the destruction of the site but notice you already have, so they will get to see it. It's still the same owners, a Canadian company called Verticalscope (see the very bottom of each page) who bought it from John Brabyn years ago but left it as it was. They've now decided they want to give users a 'better user experience' so have 'updated' the design. They want to try to attract the owners of the current models as they are the ones with more money so are more likely to spend it by following their ads even though by far and away the most heavily used sections cater for owners of the P38, L322 and L320, the ones owned by people who actually want to work on their own vehicles. I honestly cannot see why anyone who has just bought a brand new car from a dealer would have the remotest interest in a forum.

Unfortunately, most of the other forums they have bought were just that, a forum, unlike this which was a website with a forum as a later add-on. Hence they didn't even realise that all the archived self help pages were more important than the forum, in fact, they didn't seem to realise they even existed!.

If you look at the Terms and Conditions, they added one which I think is probably illegal in most countries. If you post anything you are automatically handing copyright of your post to them, so, theoretically, you are not allowed to copy and paste your own writings to another website. I'd like to see them try to invoke that rule and take me to court for repeating something I've written. The author owns the copyright unless he's sold it and I haven't received anything for my contributions...... I'd also be interested to hear their views on the self help pages. They were there when they bought the site so do they own the copyright on anything that pre-dated their ownership? Does that mean that all these naughty people that are saving those pages courtesy of the Wayback machine will be receiving legal papers?

As for the Intro, I hadn't even noticed the spurious 'is' that had crept in due to someone editing some text but not bothering to actually read it, as it was such an improvement over the previous garbage that was there before.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,119 Posts
Dont bother the mods and admin's, they had zero to do with it.
Email the crap out of vertical scope and bug them. Nobody else can do squat.
Never ceases to amaze me when a company buys something that obviously works, then "improves" it. The end is normally following...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts