RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlantic British Has a note that the Replacement front air bags LR051702 and LR051700 Do not fit the struts with active dynamics. But other seller say they are the same Part. Has anyone confirmed the fitment?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
I can't see where the bladder would make a difference. It is the electronic valving within the strut that handles the active part. The top banding is well below mounting and the wire harness that is in the centre of the top. The alignment pin and nutted studs are the same with and without active dynamics.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing i can think of is maybe a different diameter tube to make room for the electronics? Atlantic British Also states the rears are different but does have a different part number for those.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can confirm that the above part numbers DO in fact fit the VDS struts, I just put the left front on and it went on no problem. It was difficult to get the bottom to seat over the o-rings, I put the top nut on and with a little air pressure from an air hose it poped right into place.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,945 Posts
I suggest to use Dow Corning 111 on the air suspension O rings it will prolong them and make things slide together easily

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
6 Posts
From what I have learned, the springs themselves have no relevance with VDS function. It is the strut that differentiates with or without VDS sensor connector available. So, as long as your current strut has the connector for the VDS, then whatever air spring you replace with is no problem. Also, in case you have to reuse the VDS supporting strut with your new air spring, you MUST KEEP the original parts on the top of the existing air spring which has correct diameter and size so that it may fit with your VDS connector. Watch some youtube videos that show you how to replace air spring only, these videos also explain what parts to save and how to install with VDS function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts