RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to replace my wiper blades a few weeks ago. I researched online, and found on the Bosch website, among others, that the fronts are 22". So I go and order them, and find that the ones I have on right now, are 24", and can't find them for sale anywhere. Do you guys run 22" blades, or are the 24"s from some random place that the guy I bought the truck from had put on himself? Any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After looking a bit, I'm also seeing that the Bosch mounting bracket is very different than the one on the RR. The one's on the RR are really easy to change, just slide the locking button, and the wipers come off.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
All the RR wipers are the same in all the MY. It might seem easier to replace, it really is impossible to find wipers except for the original ones because of the impossible attachment system...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just replaced all of mine today. $13 per front for aftermarket Valeos and $48 (OUCH) :shock: for the rear. It has been raining so hard here in the Northeast that I could not deal with my shoddy wipers a moment longer. The Range has an extremely easy attachment method for the front wipers that made for some of the easiest wipers I have ever changed. Overall it was $80 very well spent as I can see perfectly now.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
17 Posts
Nasdaq,

I like you have ordered the Bosch 22" from Amazon where it was stated that they are the right size. Before installing them I realized they are much shorter than the stock ones. I would go with the stock ones since the Bosch are considerably shorter on such a large windshield. I would have prefered the technology in the Bosch but sometimes going with OEM isn't such a bad thing. Good Luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mserlin said:
http://www.roverparts.com. I just bought the whole kit for $40. They work great

Thanks for that. I just placed my order, all 3 for $46.96 shipped to my house. I don't know why when I've ordered from other retailers for this model/year, I get some whacked out blades that are not remotely close to fitting...

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
gooddfella said:
RattleItHome said:
Just buy the rubber and refill yourself. It's easy, saves money, and you can replace your blades much more frequently. BMW M3 refills fit my '05 RR. They're only $3.30 a piece.

https://www.autohausaz.com/search/produ ... 1610154440
Thanks for the link. Got them today, took 5 minutes to refill them. Perfect!
u buy quantity 3 or are 2 enough to do fronts and a lil leftover for rear?

·
Registered
211 Posts
36dbldz said:
gooddfella said:
RattleItHome said:
Just buy the rubber and refill yourself. It's easy, saves money, and you can replace your blades much more frequently. BMW M3 refills fit my '05 RR. They're only $3.30 a piece.

https://www.autohausaz.com/search/produ ... 1610154440
Thanks for the link. Got them today, took 5 minutes to refill them. Perfect!
u buy quantity 3 or are 2 enough to do fronts and a lil leftover for rear?
I got 2 and there was no leftover so get 3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nasdaq said:
mserlin said:
http://www.roverparts.com. I just bought the whole kit for $40. They work great

Thanks for that. I just placed my order, all 3 for $46.96 shipped to my house. I don't know why when I've ordered from other retailers for this model/year, I get some whacked out blades that are not remotely close to fitting...
I just replaced the front 2, (took 30 seconds max), and did the rear as well. Found out that if you turn the key on, turn on the rear wiper, then turn the key off when the wiper is roughly perpindicular to the normal resting position, it is much easier to work with. It took about 5 minutes total to replace all 3. I have no idea how you would work on the rear wiper without getting all pissed off if you didn't move it out of its resting place.

I just called the local dealer for some satisfaction. They said it would be $107 for parts plus some labor to change them for me. Just saved at least $75....

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 22" wipers will work fine, they probably have slightly greater pressure on the windshield (same force, less area) so might even work a little better in some conditions.

I'm running a set of Jager adapters with Armor All frameless silicon blades and have been very pleased, but I just really like silicon blades and have had good luck with them. The Bosch Icons look very good also. The Jager pieces are a bit pricey and one could pretty easily fashion their own adapter using the adapter included with the blade as a guide if they were inclined to do so. I didn't realize that until I had ordered and received everything.

http://www.jageng.com/garage9/index.php?cPath=88_91_107

·
Registered
528 Posts
If anybody does convert to Bosch Icons, the rubber is pretty easy to replace. With a small flathead screwdriver you can pop the caps off the ends. The rubber slides right out. The Porsche Cayenne has the Icons, and has the same length as an '05 RR. So I've purchased a bunch of the inserts from the link in this thread, and can now renew the RR and Porsche wipers for $3.30 a blade.

·
Registered
141 Posts
J_Tex said:
The 22" wipers will work fine, they probably have slightly greater pressure on the windshield (same force, less area) so might even work a little better in some conditions.

I'm running a set of Jager adapters with Armor All frameless silicon blades and have been very pleased, but I just really like silicon blades and have had good luck with them. The Bosch Icons look very good also. The Jager pieces are a bit pricey and one could pretty easily fashion their own adapter using the adapter included with the blade as a guide if they were inclined to do so. I didn't realize that until I had ordered and received everything.

http://www.jageng.com/garage9/index.php?cPath=88_91_107
I agree 100% with you J_Tex. I also purchased the Jager blocks, they work great and I love the Icons work very well, will try the silicon blades next time around..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts