RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Florida truck coming off a one year lease and honestly didn’t notice that it didn’t have a heated front screen until the first winter. Tonight, a rock hit the windshield and left a pretty significant crack that now has me wondering if I can upgrade easily.

So... Has anyone replaced a non-heated windshield with a heated one? Looking for any pointers on what’s required.

Clearly, I’ll need to buy a new switch pack (LR067187) for my truck and of course the heated windshield.

Is the wiring in place? Any coding that’s need by the dealer?

If your reply includes an opine on how ****ty the lines in the heated windshield are... or asking if it’s worth it for the 4 times a year you’ll use it? You can scroll right past this post and keep your response to yourself.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
I bought the Florida truck coming off a one year lease and honestly didn’t notice that it didn’t have a heated front screen until the first winter. Tonight, a rock hit the windshield and left a pretty significant crack that now has me wondering if I can upgrade easily.

So... Has anyone replaced a non-heated windshield with a heated one? Looking for any pointers on what’s required.

Clearly, I’ll need to buy a new switch pack (LR067187) for my truck and of course the heated windshield.

Is the wiring in place? Any coding that’s need by the dealer?

If your reply includes an opine on how ****ty the lines in the heated windshield are... or asking if it’s worth it for the 4 times a year you’ll use it? You can scroll right past this post and keep your response to yourself.

Thanks in advance.
Interested as well. BTW agree on the last 3 sentences. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
You get used to the lines... I think its a cool feature. Hope you get it figured out. You may want to add your model year because on my 2019 its on the lower digital display... if you don't have the button its probably software. The real issue is wiring.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hate my heated windshield - the lines bug the crap out of me, especially at night. If it ever cracks, I'm replacing it with the non-heated version. Of course, I live in the south and have 3 cold days a year and have no use for it either.

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
there was another forum member a few years ago who wanted to do this. At that time it seemed to have been pre-wired. OP didn't include a model year indeed. the button is probably easy and is pre-wired too. But from MY18 on, probably a software change is needed (I intentionally don't use the update word) and that can get tricky.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry... It’s a 2016 TD6 HSE... I know I had this in my signature at some point. Anyway, it’s fully loaded with all options with the exception of this one.

My understanding is that the heated windshield is a standard delivery item that has to be purposely deleted from an order... is that correct? If so, I’d bet money on the wiring being in place and at worst it’s a coding issue that the dealer can remedy for a few bucks.

Does the wiring to the windshield attach at the top around the rain sensor, etc? If so, maybe I’ll dig into it this weekend and see if I can locate the wiring... if it’s there, I’m going to go for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered a 2018 RRS V8 and the heated windshield was an option for something like $100. I'm guessing the heated glass costs a lot more than the standard and your insurance company will not knowingly pay to upgrade yours so if that's an issue, check pricing before getting in too deep. It's also likely your insurance has negotiated a glass discount (sometimes as much as 50% off retail) so maybe you can collect for the standard and get the installer to extend the insurance discount to the heated. Certainly worth asking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Mancerator
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing