RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to replace the steering wheel buttons on my 96 P38 mine are all faded and I cant read them

·
Registered
483 Posts
There is a part No. for the steering wheel loom including the buttons. I looked into it once but decided at the price as I know what the buttons are anyway it really isn't so important.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funnily enough I did contemplate using something like this, I could always pull out my trusty tippex pen that is sure to make the controlls look OEM and awesome :lol:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
860 Posts
AMcK said:
These might be the ones you need - but you need to check VIN
http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php?x ... &xSec=5497
The corrrect vin number makes a big differance as when I swapped out my steering wheel with a wood steering wheel from a later model I had to keep my original buttons because the new ones messed up the radio functions.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Marcpablo, I just faced the same problem, bought a wood steering wheel, and the radio functions got messed up, cuz my truck is 98 and the wood wheel is 01, so what I did, I switched the circuit diargram with the buttons from the old one to the new one, each button pad will slide right out after lifting the plastic levers(2) up, ofcourse after removing the airbag. Then there is the 4 big philips screws on the metal part, and the tricky one, is the ground wire, that looks like a rivvit, u take out with an allen tool, and then the whole circuit diagram with the button comes out one piece :thumb: ....take care

zee

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Have been looking for a company that does printing on metal, I want to have the arrows etc done on a thin aluminium stickable strip which will be durable and add a modern touch...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts